• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Scitex or R1000

Looking to move into rigid production in house. We have been sourcing and the numbers are right. Any insight into the FB scitex? Or make the jump into the R1000 Latex? I have been told they are stopping service in 5-7 years on the scitex. Which makes me skeptical on buying new.

Have had a few dealers mention getting a refurbished HP Scitex for fairly cheap but the machines are impossible to find.

ABA Visibility Products

Premium Subscriber
Looking to move into rigid production in house. We have been sourcing and the numbers are right. Any insight into the FB scitex? Or make the jump into the R1000 Latex? I have been told they are stopping service in 5-7 years on the scitex. Which makes me skeptical on buying new.

Have had a few dealers mention getting a refurbished HP Scitex for fairly cheap but the machines are impossible to find.

You can purchase my FB700.

The FB series is very old and based on old technology when HP bought out Colorspan. It will work but there are many better options out there that are much more up to date and comparable in pricing.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I would most definitely go for the R-series if you have the use for it (at least twice the speed of FB).

If you are lucky you have a chance to snag a refurb/used R as well. If it's from HP it comes with a full warranty too. Those tend to go quite fast tho.

MikePro

was interested in the FB when I first started shopping flatbeds, but I'm in LOVE with the R-series's design/function. Soooo close to pulling the trigger, but I need more sq.ft'age in the shop I can dedicate to a clean area.

We are in the same boat MikePro. The more I am reading on the R series along with out great experience with the Latex 360, that is the long term solution I want. But the price tag is holding us back right now

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Look into more of a standard UV ink printer....LED types of lamps are amazing. You should be able to find something reasonably priced between the R series and the old scitex. Sometimes you need to widen your field of view to find the diamond out there that fits your needs and budget.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Apparently someone here is off-ing an anapurna 2500 machine. Thats a solid UV printer. Based on Dili technology with agfa nameplate only.

--- Check that...more info and its a dead machine. Sorry.

EFI make a great machine. The 16H is hybrid and we like it. We also run the 24F form EFI as a dedicated flatbed.

I will need to look into the EFI as well. Looked into Roland, Mimaki etc.. Price is there but they are slower outputting machines, than what is needed in our competitive market