• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HPL25500 material jam with no material

StarSign

Anyone know a quick fix my 25500 has givein me the 86:01 error substrate jam however their is no material loaded in the machine? I have gone over it and can't find anything??

Thanks

JoeBoomer

- Flip the power switches off on the back and restart.

- Load media and see if that fixes it.

Anyone know a quick fix my 25500 has givein me the 86:01 error substrate jam however their is no material loaded in the machine? I have gone over it and can't find anything??

Thanks

The 86.01 error is related to the carriage assembly. Check for anything that is obstructing the movement of the carriage across the width of the plotter, and remove it. In the event of a failure, it would likely be the scan axis motor or linear encoder strip.

Typestries

Check the substrate infeed sensor.....

Unload any media in the machine. Get flashlight, get on knees, look under infeed assembly, as if you were looking up from the floor. You want to look about 12" to the left of the right side of the feed area. You will see a stamped out area of the sheet metal, to which a black plastic media presence sensor is attached. It's a pivoting lever type sensor. That might be bent, broken, or sticky. You can actuate it manually with a small screwdriver and see if that fixes your error. Unloading a heavy media or fabric too quickly can result in distorting or damaging it.....guess how I know.