• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HUGE malware problem messed up roland

Spud

Okay so apparently yesterday morning I got infected by malware BAD! It infected everything from flashdrives with a "usbkey" to other misc stuff on my computer. It did not seem to effect any other computer on the network.

Okay so I work at a sign shop, and my computer is the one infected, it's on a network and all our files need to be accessed through that network "customers".

I went through cleaning the system using hijackthis, spyhunter, nod32, and malwarebytes.

I ran a few more test and it seems everything is cleaned nicely. Well the problem I am having now is if I try to access any computer on the network or specifically my "customers" folder shortcut, it reads as follows:

"\\productionworks\customer 2 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contac tthe administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Incorrect Function"

Okay so I read through tons of sites and open tcp/ip to enable file sharing, and check other ways to get around this error. Well no luck and I feel like I've went through hundreds of ways to fix it and to no avail. I'm not much of a network buff, so I'm confused about what really to do. I double checked the host machine and the workgroups and names match up, and I'm pretty sure we don't use a password to access anything.

Also, I print on a roland 54" plotter that prints through it's own ip address, well I can't send my files to it, it sends but the printer doesn't pick it up, and I think this whole network fluke is really cramping my routine! I need to get this going as it is putting me behind on alot of jobs, about to have to call someone in but trying to see if there is a way i can get this done asap!

So, basically I checked the ip's and the roland is at 192.168.1.5 so I verified through the print and faxes and it still doesn't print, what should i do!

HaroldDesign

Not sure if this will help, but maybe. Even if you're on the network, start over and add your machine to whatever existing network. IP config in command prompt and get your machine's ip address. Add that computer's ID to the network on each machine you want to have see it, and then restart each computer. I won't take long and I've had it work for me in some similar situations.

Spud

Caleb, thanks I've tried something similar, let me check and see what I come up with.

threeputt

Wild guess, but are you sure of the machine's ip address? Ours is 192.168.1.125

Or does each model have it's own unique IP?

LittleSnakey

I just helped a friend remove a virus that was giving him the same problem. He got it from a Fake E-mail that looked like it was from UPS. What I did was backed up his data files, then reformatted the hardrive and reloaded windows and all software and the network problem went away, and the computer runs like brand new again. Hope you learned your lesson!

Okay so apparently yesterday morning I got infected by malware BAD! It infected everything from flashdrives with a "usbkey" to other misc stuff on my computer. It did not seem to effect any other computer on the network.

Okay so I work at a sign shop, and my computer is the one infected, it's on a network and all our files need to be accessed through that network "customers".

I went through cleaning the system using hijackthis, spyhunter, nod32, and malwarebytes.

I ran a few more test and it seems everything is cleaned nicely. Well the problem I am having now is if I try to access any computer on the network or specifically my "customers" folder shortcut, it reads as follows:

"\\productionworks\customer 2 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contac tthe administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Incorrect Function"

Okay so I read through tons of sites and open tcp/ip to enable file sharing, and check other ways to get around this error. Well no luck and I feel like I've went through hundreds of ways to fix it and to no avail. I'm not much of a network buff, so I'm confused about what really to do. I double checked the host machine and the workgroups and names match up, and I'm pretty sure we don't use a password to access anything.

Also, I print on a roland 54" plotter that prints through it's own ip address, well I can't send my files to it, it sends but the printer doesn't pick it up, and I think this whole network fluke is really cramping my routine! I need to get this going as it is putting me behind on alot of jobs, about to have to call someone in but trying to see if there is a way i can get this done asap!

So, basically I checked the ip's and the roland is at 192.168.1.5 so I verified through the print and faxes and it still doesn't print, what should i do!

osmasterflex

Wild guess, but are you sure of the machine's ip address? Ours is 192.168.1.125

Or does each model have it's own unique IP?

Your IP is usually set manually when your printer was installed. You can change it under the network preferences on the printer screen.

Techman

He got it from a Fake E-mail that looked like it was from UPS. What I did was backed up his data files, then reformatted the hardrive and reloaded windows and all software and the network problem went away,

I just did several clients machines with this very same malware myself.

All i did was run the remover and within a few minutes all was perfect again..

osmasterflex

I didn't even know it was possible to print without a RIP Software.

One Suggestion, (i cant remember exactly b/c im on a mac now).

go to your network prefrences, right click and disable all the connections. Restart the Computer and Enable the connections again. Restart, and try then.