• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hummmm?

technowolf

Hi all,

I have found this school font i needed for a school job i have. on dafont.com i downloaded the zip file the font works great in photoshop or illustrator but i cant get it in my winpcsign software because the file extension is not the same :( and it also tels me that the font is embeded when try to transform it. what does embeded means???? i have always used winpcsign.... usuly i import in winpcsign from illustrator but when i try whit this nothing happens??? is it possible to cut whit illustrator?? I barely use illustrator but it is the only other software I have and i need to get this school font cut the soonest.... i have wasted lots of time already.

any help is apreciated

cheers
Alex

DJDesigns

Try doing the text you need in Illustrator, converting it to outlines. And then save it as an .eps you can load in WinPCSign.

Now that I think about it, saving it as an .eps should make it outlines anyway.

But thats just my quick suggestion.

iSign

DJ is corrct in his first statement. I do think you should convert to outlines first, this is done by selecting the text after everything is typeset correctly, spellchecked, kerned & whatever other type related modifications may need to be applied (bold, italic etc.) ... then the pull-down "type" menu will show "create outlines". It is often wise to take this step on a copy of the file "saved as" some other filename, so you also still have one with the text intact