• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hydraulic Lift

Auburnpeanut

Hey guys my boss bought a XLB-4319 towable hydraulic boom for our company a year and a half ago. It was current on its inspections when we bought it. It now needs to have its yearly inspection. My boss kept saying he was going to handle it but never gets around it. I am tired of renting lifts the same size as what we currently own. We are here in Auburn, AL not far from Columbus, GA. Any idea on where/how to go about getting the inspections? My thanks to all who can help.

Peanut

CES020

I don't know about there, but here, all the rental companies that rent them offer the inspections and service as well.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you're on a profit sharing system, I'd demand he gets it done immediately. Otherwise, he's the one calling the shots, paying the bills and giving you work. I'd just do what he wants, as long as it's within reason..... and safe.

Auburnpeanut

I don't know about there, but here, all the rental companies that rent them offer the inspections and service as well.

I checked with a couple of them and they have guys who inspect their own equipment but won't/can't inspect outside equipment. Good idea though. I might have to just start calling rental companies in Birmingham, Atlanta and Columbus. Thanks!

Mosh

I agree with Geno...if he is paying you why would you care if he rents lifts? As long as you are making your money!

Auburnpeanut

I agree with Geno...if he is paying you why would you care if he rents lifts? As long as you are making your money!

Mosh, I do get some commision from the profit on jobs. The problem is more the hassle of having to make sure they have a lift, go get the lift and return the lift once we are finished with the job. Plus if we go over the half day limit with the lift then it makes a lift cost us twice as much. Whether I get paid on a job or not it is in my benefit for the company to be as profitable as possible for job security. I just hate having equipment that should be able to be used but is not.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Then, why don't you go into his office, ask him if he has a few minutes and discuss what's bothering you ??

Tell him you will take the burden of getting this and maybe some other tasks off his plate and you'd be happy to schedule, take the things here or there and take responsibility for it all, as long as he gives you a check when due for this maintenance. This will undoubtedly save the company money, time and hassles. If you are only worried about it being less headache to schedule someone else's equipment around, then he should be good with your offer. Don't expect a bonus..... or a raise in pay for your extra duties for something you see as being necessary and he's too busy to take care of...... view it as being a company man and doing your part to keep the machine well oiled. :wink:

Auburnpeanut

Gino, I do view it as just being an honest company man. My boss/the owner (who is one of my best buddies) of the company doesn't actually work at our office. He has another day job. He means to get it done, but he forgets and it just isn't on his daily radar as it is mine. I don't mind getting the work done as it is part of my job. I was just wondering if anyone new a good place to start looking for those services.