• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I Am Begging For Help Now Please!!!!!!!!

johnny_loves_amy

I HAVE FLEXI 8.1 AND SEEM TO BE HAVING TROUBLE GETTING IT TO RIP/PRINT THINGS THE RIGHT SIZE. I HAVE HAD A COUPLE OF PPL ON HERE GIVE ME TIPS, (AND I APPRECIATE IT MORE THAN I CAN SAY) BUT THEY DIDN'T WORK. IT'S NOT THE PANEL MARGIN, IT'S NOT THE JOB SCALE. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME. I AM AT MY WITS END WITH THIS THING. I AM OUT OF IDEAS, AND WAS HOPING A FLEXI SUPER HERO COULD HELP ME SAVE THE DAY. ALL IDEAS AND COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATE. THANK YOU GUYS SOOOO MUCH. THIS SITE IS A BLESSING TO THOSE OF US WHO AREN'T THAT GOOD WITH COMPUTERS AND THINGS OF THAT NATURE. THANKS TO EVERYONE, AND GOD BLESS.

JOHNNY LONG
SOUTHERN STYLE SIGNS :banghead:<--THIS IS ME

:iamwithstupid<---AND MY WIFE

CarolinaCabinet

I am not a Flexi Expert so others need to try to troubleshoot first, but just to mention something I have seen in the past... if nothing else works, you could have a network problem. At a past job, using SignLab, not Flexi, things were randomly resizing and distorting, and come to find out my network card was screwing up, replaced the card and cable and all problems were gone. This wouldn't be my first fix because I think its rare, but if other suggestions do not work, you may wanna swap the card and see if another works.

oyy0

How far and how long is the usb cord going from your computer to your machine?
If you cut only, does it cut the right size?
Let me know the answers to these questions and I might be able to help more.

DRPSignsNGrafix

So if you take make a red box in flexi. make it 48"x96" then click on it the design central says those numbers? Then you hit rip/print and the genreal tab says the dimension are?

johnny_loves_amy

How far and how long is the usb cord going from your computer to your machine?
If you cut only, does it cut the right size?
Let me know the answers to these questions and I might be able to help more.
IT'S NOT A USB IT IS A COM AND IT IS APPROX. 6' LONG. AND WE HAVE A CUTTER AND A PRINTER AND IT DOESN'T MAKE IT THE RIGHT SIZE ON EITHER ONE. IS SOMETHING INSTALLED WRONG OR DO YOU KNOW? WE HAVE A BRIDGE CUTTER PRO 1350 PLOTTER BUT FLEXI RECOGNIZES IT AS A ROLAND PNC-1000. DO YOU KNOW IF THIS IS RIGHT? THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP AND I PRAY YOU KNOW THE ANSWER TO OUR DILEMMA. OUTSOURCING IS GETTING VERY EXPENSIVE

johnny_loves_amy

So if you take make a red box in flexi. make it 48"x96" then click on it the design central says those numbers? Then you hit rip/print and the genreal tab says the dimension are?
THE GENERAL TAB SAYS 48" X 96". THATS WHAT MAKES NO SENSE. WHEN IT CUTS OR PRINTS, IT ALWAYS MAKES IT A LITTLE BIGGER (ABOUT A QUARTER OF AN INCH TO A HALF AN INCH). THIS IS JUST BEYOND MY KNOWLEDGE. IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS PLEEEEASE LET ME KNOW. I AM DYING HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrabbyOldGuy

I have seen the wrong sizes in printing and plotting several times. Have you tried to change the output compensation under setup in print manager? That may only be for the printer though. I am sure many will say the first problem is the Bridge cutter. Possibly you could try a different driver. My wild table was cutting @2oo% the other day until I realized I had the wrong table specified. Get some paper and the pen and draw some squares using different plotter types. At least it is not as expensive as vinyl. Does the manufacturer have a driver available on their website? If not try:bushmill: or :bushmill::bushmill:

S

SignTech

IT IS A HP 500 42". WE DO MOSTLY INDOOR TRADE SHOW EXHIBIT STUFF. i DONT HAVE THE $$ FOR A ROLAND, WISH I DID ..LOL

I LOVE when people beg. It's my sadist side lol ...

WHAT'S WITH ALL THE CAPITALS LETTERS ......... THIS IS SCREAMING IN INTERNET WORLD ..........

gabagoo

print a 12" box and measure all sides if it is larger couldn't you just figure out the %age of how much larger it is and reduce your image by that %age until you find out why it is not working right?

johnny_loves_amy

print a 12" box and measure all sides if it is larger couldn't you just figure out the %age of how much larger it is and reduce your image by that %age until you find out why it is not working right?
I guess that would work till I find the bug huh? Thank you!!

johnny_loves_amy

I have seen the wrong sizes in printing and plotting several times. Have you tried to change the output compensation under setup in print manager? That may only be for the printer though. I am sure many will say the first problem is the Bridge cutter. Possibly you could try a different driver. My wild table was cutting @2oo% the other day until I realized I had the wrong table specified. Get some paper and the pen and draw some squares using different plotter types. At least it is not as expensive as vinyl. Does the manufacturer have a driver available on their website? If not try:bushmill: or :bushmill::bushmill:

That is a mighty fine idea!!! The beer and the drivers.....(but mostly the beer..lol:toasting:

MachServTech

This is just a silly question. Have you contacted technical support at SAi ?
The manufacturer of Flexi Sign Pro.
Their number is: 1-800-229-9068

These guys are usually very helpful. If it is a problem they have seen before they may have a ready solution.