• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I can hear you NOW!!!!!

OldPaint

got these yesterday, had no idea i was that DEAF!!!!! the keyboard i have is so loud when i type))))). turn on the water in the sink, and that thing that makes the water sorta bubble when it comes...........IS REALLY LOUD))))) paper bag being crumpled...........OUCH!!!! these things are adjusted with a computer when i got em from the VA, so there is no volume control only and on/off button on them.

Attachments

• COREL 008.jpg
    COREL 008.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 67
  • COREL 009.jpg
    COREL 009.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 46

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nice. Ya need a little trimming, but other than that...... I'm sure you didn't take pictures of your own ears.... so how did you explain to your wife/girlfriend why you need close up pictures of your new hearing aids.... IN your ears.... for a sign forum ?? Does she know you're nuts ??

WildWestDesigns

You didn't get software that would enable you to adjust them? Those things really need to be tweaked to the individual person. At least somewhere you could go to get that done?

Too much sound is the main reason why my grandmother doesn't where hers, so she just looks at us and smiles while we carry on with a conversation.

earplug

Go back and have them turn them down about 20%. Audiologist's routinely program these much to loud the first time. It is much better to start with them a little on the weak side and then, as you get used to the sound, turn them up a little at a time until you are comfortable with the sound level. Be aware it may take 3 or more visits over the next year.

One of the simplest tests it to have a normal hearing person set a radio or TV to a comfortable listening level and have the units tuned to where you are comfortable at the same level. Best is you can do this at the Audiologist's office.

Jack

OldPaint

gino:
#1. iam from PA................prerequisite, for being there is some insanity))))))
#2.DIE HARD STEELER FAN................mosta them aint right ta start with)))))
#3.grew up in PA, of italian/russian parents......who would have qualifed for the coo-koos nest)))))
#4. lastly i was a teenager in the late 60's.........i fit the profile. hahahahahahahaha

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
My father is deaf... he is supposed to wear those, but they go through batteries fast and he can't open the thing up because he has fat, porky fingers... so he walks around going "WHAT" all day and stomps off when he can't understand anyone

CES020

Rick, I'm with you buddy, my mother is losing her hearing and she swears she's not. So you can say "I'll see you tomorrow" and she'll get her coat. You ask where she's going and she'll say "You just said we were going to eat Chinese Food".

It's amazing to me what the brain will put together as the sentence it was supposed to have heard.