• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I"d rather hand cut vinyl, than use....

oldgoat

...FLEXI STRARTER, but I can't hand cut either! :( All I want to do, is cut a little vinyl. I do sandblast glass. I don't use fonts, although, I bought a bunch of Letterhead fonts, panels and ribbons, with the expectation of filling a void in my life, with art. I've never used a graphics program (to any extent) other than, I better whisper here, MS......woops, I forgot I was whispering, I meant ms paint, and I have trouble with that. I want to be able to make signs like the Letterheads do. What I want to do in Flexistarter, is place the a panel down, with a ribbon inside that and a some fonts to that.... Layering, I think it's called. Any help in this direction will be be greatly appreciated. And, if you live close by, I'll buy you lunch and a beer. :bushmill: Seee....I can't even put the proper smiley up.sheeeesh........!:D

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Flexi Starter isn't an application one can do much designing in. It's mostly a bridge program to get a design from Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW to to your cutter.

oldgoat

Flexi Starter isn't an application one can do much designing in. It's mostly a bridge program to get a design from Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW to to your cutter.

Thanks Fred. I also have that program I can't fathom. All I need is to see it being done a couple of times, before I can see the light. Thanks again. I'll head on over to Illustrator......... I'll be deep into their help menu if you need me! :thankyou::toasting:

Doug

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
o_O yeah, flexistarter is just a cutting utility ... if you don't have any other design software it's useless. invest your time in coreldraw or inkscape to start getting your design feet wet .... plenti of tutorials online.

oldgoat

o_O yeah, flexistarter is just a cutting utility ... if you don't have any other design software it's useless. invest your time in coreldraw or inkscape to start getting your design feet wet .... plenti of tutorials online.

But,but.........you said "Software Does Not a Designer Make"?:help Just joking with ya! I hate to say it, but I've got Inkscape too. What you said rings true, with me anyway.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
the signature means that just because you have software doesn't mean that you know how to design something effectively ... requires some actual skill.

oldgoat

That's what I meant. I've got ALL the graphics programs to do the job, but in my hands, right now, they are useless.

oldgoat

Thanks signage. Corel's the only one I don't have. I'll have look see at the Corel links. I should be able to glean something out of them. :rock-n-roll:

oldgoat

You offer free lunch and beer and wont tell us so we can collect, now thats just wrong!
No,no,no,no................There's no free lunch. I must be schooled in the learning of AI and how to make pretty pictures. Then we can go have :corndog::bushmill::rock-n-roll::Canada 2::ROFLMAO::toasting:

J

john1

I use flexistarter 10 and it works fine for me. You can do basic type setting and add contour cut lines.

Use corel x6 for anything design related here.

oldgoat

I use flexistarter 10 and it works fine for me. You can do basic type setting and add contour cut lines.

Use corel x6 for anything design related here.

OK.I'm heading back over to Flexistarter. All I want to do place a panel on the 1st layer and a ribbon on top of that and some lettering in the ribbon. It sounds so easy, when you say it fast.:banghead: