• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I feel stupid asking this but...

I have a design done in photoshop that I need to contour cut in flexi and I can't figure out how to make a perfect marquee around the design.

I hate to ask such a stupid question...but I am having one of those days.

I have done this before many times. I don't know what is wrong with me.

Thanks in advance.

iSign

I usually select the background (everything BUT the design to be printed) ...and then I go to the select menu & choose inverse. Then I fill this with black, & resave as my cut file in a .tiff format. While still selected, you can create a path, or export as a path, but my habit for years has been to open streamline & convert to a vector path in their. I understand both Flexi & Illustrator CS2 (or 3?) do a great job of this... and the photoshop export as path might also be as good, or better, & without running around to different programs... but my method is also quite fast & the only one I can describe accurately.