• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I got to get out of this mood

showcase 66

I for the life of me cant get motivated lately. I have work to do but for some reason lately I just cant get myself to sit down and actually do the work until the deadline is coming up. I then stress about it get it done and then put off the next job. Not sure if it is because I have been doing my taxes or what.

Any tips on getting re-focused.

Usually when I get unmotivated, I hit the golf course and the next day I am back at it. Not working this time.

Starting to think its my blood pressure meds. I have been on blood pressure meds for the past 5 years. With them my bp is around 128/86 and if I dont take them it is usually around 180/115.

The last couple of weeks my bp has been around 92/72. Not sure if this is the reason. I was thinking about not taking my meds for a day or to and see how things go but last time I did that I thought I was having a heart attack and I am in my low 30's.

Well, I better get back to it. Have a couple things that need to be done in the morning.

WrapperX

Usually a vacation is in order if you feel unmotivated. At least thats what I believe.

Not a doctor here but I'm pretty sure BP at 92/72 is no good - you let your Dr. know so that they can adjust your meds. I've heard its not uncommon to adjust them as you get older. Worth call anyways.

ova

When I get in those moods, I like to get in my truck by myself and drive. Not fast, to no where in particular, and time doesn't matter. Used to take a six pack, but those days are gone.

I just drive listening to the radio or CD and let the world go away. Seems to help air out all the bad that's going on. After a while I start noticing things around me more. That's when I know it's time to go home.

Sound kind of corny, but it works for me.

Dave

WildWestDesigns

4 in the morning green breaking foals. Nothing airs out the ole head then foals that are pissed off at having to do some type of work that early in the morning. When we really have cold mornings, I can get a nose bleed if I'm doing any saddle work with them.

I have to have a varied schedule, if it starts getting too much same ole same ole then I just start to glaze on over.

HulkSmash

When I get unmotivated to work sitting on the table.... I think about getting more money faster.. then i get re motivated.

Craig Sjoquist

I ride my bicycle, try riding 5 miles before you do work in the morning ride your bike to and from work, you need to move move all ya can, then you will think more, motivating will be easy.

SignosaurusRex

When I get in those moods, I like to get in my truck by myself and drive. Not fast, to no where in particular, and time doesn't matter. Used to take a six pack, but those days are gone.

I just drive listening to the radio or CD and let the world go away. Seems to help air out all the bad that's going on. After a while I start noticing things around me more. That's when I know it's time to go home.

Dave

That works well for me too. Usually leave early in the a.m. and just gone all day...or two. No place in particular....just go and come back when I feel like it. As high up in the mountains as I can get has always been good. Shut off the cell phone. Leave the stereo off and let my senses take over. Take a sleeping bag, a pistol w/box of bullets, fishing pole with a couple lures, a couple good cigars, a few cold beers and go. It's sometimes surprising what you see, hear and feel with some quiet time by yourself.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Ditto to some sort of physical activity. Get moving & get doing. Physical work that shows visable results is always good...stacking wood, cleaning the shop, purging out a bunch of old useless junk is always theraputic.

I had a post earlier about the 5S methodology for shop management. Check it out and try a few things. You'll be amazed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5S_(methodology)

I've been in one of those funky moods also...guess it's just a case of the winter blues. I worked on some of the methods described and I found my motivation has gone up 1000% with a nice, clean and well organized work environment.

Today was in the 40's and breezy. I opened up both shop doors and swept, and cleaned and purged lots of junk...just like a white tornado...it was quite a sight to see all that dust headed east. An early jump on spring cleaning was just what I needed.

Jillbeans

If your BP is that wonky, I think you need to check with your Dr first.
Hope you're OK.
Poverty is my great motivator.
Love.....Jill

showcase 66

Dave
When I had my shadow, I would do that. just get on the bike and go.

I ride my bicycle, try riding 5 miles before you do work in the morning ride your bike to and from work, you need to move move all ya can, then you will think more, motivating will be easy.
I ride my exercise bike every morning for 30 - 45 minutes. Have been doing this since November.

Shot and a beer!

(Haha, no- just kidding, dont do that with your meds and stuff.)
Ya I havent been drinking since my brothers wedding. I was kinda thinking that was the issue at first but almost a month later, not to sure now.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Yep!......I think I'm cleaning in the shop again tonight! :omg::omg::omg:

I need to clean my area up again. getting a little crowded with clutter everywhere. That might help a little.

If your BP is that wonky, I think you need to check with your Dr first.
Hope you're OK.
Poverty is my great motivator.
Love.....Jill

I have a call in to my Dr. Hopefully I can get in to see him tomorrow. Maybe straighten my meds out.

mikey-Oh

That works well for me too. Usually leave early in the a.m. and just gone all day...or two. No place in particular....just go and come back when I feel like it. As high up in the mountains as I can get has always been good. Shut off the cell phone. Leave the stereo off and let my senses take over. Take a sleeping bag, a pistol w/box of bullets, fishing pole with a couple lures, a couple good cigars, a few cold beers and go. It's sometimes surprising what you see, hear and feel with some quiet time by yourself.

You really do have THE life S'Rex. Weather's finally trending better here in Okiehoma, need to get back to nature a.s.a.f.p.

Team Valhalla

Maybe you need to find someone to mentor. Nothing major, just a few hrs a week or so. Maybe a college student or high school kid that has an interest in the business.

This would allow you the opportunity to share your knowledge with someone that could use some advice and experience to use as a foundation business wise for the future.

This may give you a new purpose to motivate yourself.

SP