• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I got to get out of this mood

showcase 66

Maybe you need to find someone to mentor. Nothing major, just a few hrs a week or so. Maybe a college student or high school kid that has an interest in the business.

This would allow you the opportunity to share your knowledge with someone that could use some advice and experience to use as a foundation business wise for the future.

This may give you a new purpose to motivate yourself.

SP

I had a a kid that was coming over quite a bit. Some may remember from another thread. He is staying with his mother until May in Colorado before she heads back overseas. He was over here everyday after school. It was nice to have him around here. He has been gone since just before Christmas.

SignosaurusRex

You really do have THE life S'Rex. Weather's finally trending better here in Okiehoma, need to get back to nature a.s.a.f.p.

To hell with the weather....just do it! Rain, snow, sunshine....whatever! Prepare a bit more for the crappy stuff and go. When was the last time you woke up in snow or a mud puddle just because... it's what it is? After a couple hours, you laugh and really know that you ARE alive. Kinda funny what that will do for your mindset.

petesign

I'm in the same boat. Add to that, I am grouchy today. I have too many people pulling me in too many different directions, so I feel like everything is getting done half assed, or pushing deadlines. It's not a fun way to do business. I need a stress outlet, and working until midnight doing mundane jobs, or frustrating design jobs that clients keep asking for changes on isn't any fun...

I need a vacation.

klemgraphics

I feel the same way, pulled in countless different directions and not motivated to do anything for anyone. The weather getting warmer is starting to get me more motivated. Shutting off the cell phone and getting away for a few days or a week usually helps a lot for me, I can always tell when the vacation has worked when I get excited about going to the shop and working, one of the best feelings for me when I remember that I love what I do and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Been in the body shop doing some favor work the past few days and that seemed to really help too.

B-RAD Graphics

When I get in those moods, I like to get in my truck by myself and drive. Not fast, to no where in particular, and time doesn't matter. Used to take a six pack, but those days are gone.

I just drive listening to the radio or CD and let the world go away. Seems to help air out all the bad that's going on. After a while I start noticing things around me more. That's when I know it's time to go home.

Sound kind of corny, but it works for me.

Dave

:thumb:...thanks Dave...i read ur quote and got in my truck and drove...I did enjoy...i put on CoffeeHouse XM and just cruised...was quite refreshing..funny all I ever do is just drive to point A to B...:Big Laugh

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sometimes it's really hard to concentrate and when that happens.... my wife just smacks me across the back of the head and says.....
What the %$@!:(<* and %(*@!~<") &^#@**_-%$ are you doing ??

This brings me back down to earth instantly [and with a slight headache]and I start working again.... or at least it appears that way........... :Sleeping:

Actually, when I feel like this.... it seems to be when we're either very busy or very slow..... I'm easily distracted and then nothing gets done.... the way it should be. The guys are always busy, but I'm usually scattered either for the good or the worse, but not completely there. Last time this happened was in 1937..... no that was a different problem...... it must've been during the late 50's ducking under a desk in art class. During the Cuban missile crises, I was distracted, but....... chit, that was another reason, too. I guess it didn't happen until the 70's and those stupid walking suits. Yeah, that's the ticket. Musta been that was the last time. Nope, I remember some guy in the 90's that couldn't form a sentence using the word 'IS'. Yep, I was kinda taken back at that one for a while. Now that I think of it.... it happened again when around 2008 and dang it.... it was those nimrods again playing with my head when I got distracted again. I do believe it's something they put in the water. Yep, I like that..... and am sticking to it. It's not my fault at all, but I'm being bombarded with radio active frequencies from a building across the street. I can actually see the radio waves and feel them everytime I stand in my vestibule.

:omg2: DUCK.... here comes another one.......:covereyes:

:scream: Jeremy.... make sure those prints don't get tarnished with any frequency juice.​

showcase 66

Feeling any better today, CSDD?

Saw my doctor this morning. Adjusting the bp meds and I have to do a stress test again. bp is doing pretty good so far. Dont really feel worn out or anything like that. Not yet at least. It will take about a week or so for the meds adjustment to fully take effect. Was told I need to lose some weight and eat healthier. That will help as well.

All in all doing pretty good today. Actually feel like going to talk to some clients I have been putting off for a week.