• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I have a challenging sign to make.....

appstro

So this guy calls me and wants to put address numbers on his monument sign and would like me to come and do an estimate as soon as possible. I say no problem and hop in the truck and drive a few minutes to his site and then I see this! He wants to have an insert put into the cavity and then wants numbers for the building put on the insert. I have never dealt with a curve like this before. Not only is the sign curved but also angled . Kind of like an upside down "funnel" for lack of a better example. I have all kinds of ideas about how to fasten the sign to the concrete and hide the screws, etc...but what I am trying to figure out is how to make the insert for the cavity. Or more specifically, how to make a pattern or jig for the insert. Do you guys have any experience with this type of thing. How do I make the pattern or jig for this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-03 at 1.45.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-03 at 1.45.40 PM.png
    730.1 KB · Views: 97

Billct2

I did something like that with HDU. Two layers. The first was glued & screwed to the wall.
Then the second was screwed and glued to the first. This allowed the first layer to get as messy as needed
and then the second could be bonded to this one with minimal hassle.
I've also seen it done with PVC.
Then there are the masters who would actual create a shaped sign to fit.