• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I Heart my Ana Elite Plotter, but...

Mal

I Heart my Ana Elite Plotter, poor old baby. but...I need replacement parts. I saw the APD website, but can anyone out there tell me whether bearing assemblies are included with new pinch wheels? I think the clicking sound one of mine makes is possibly bearings.

And for you extreme cheapskates; (and I am one of you) Has anyone ever pulled a scored teflon strip and flipped it over? I'm just asking because I need a quick asap fix, I figure shipping from APD to a Canadian locale may take some time.

OR---even better, is there a Canadian supplier of anagraph parts???

Thanks, Mal

Techman

The wear strip will be $25 bux at anagraph. Yes you can turn it over if the wear is not thru the strip into the other side. I just replaced a wear strip on a machine where the user let it cut to both sides.
I finally got him to let me have that cutter since he abused it too much from not knowing how to reat a master machine,,, after he found out my repair bill was more than the machine was worth.

I use 1/8 HDPE purchased from Mcmaster for about 5 bux a 24 x 24" sheet. It will not reach fully to both ends of the slot. No matter because the cutter itself will not move a full 24" Just place the hdpe where the cutter applies pressure.

Make sure you clean the wear strip groove fully when replacing. Any residue down there will cause waves.

I carefully cut a narrow strip from the sheet. I have a lifetime supply.

I got new pinch wheels one time but i do not remember if they came with new bearings included or I bought them. However. The bearings were not difficult to change. The hard -parts was removing and restoring those tiny geeses clips. They tiny and will fly into planetary orbit and never be found again.

You will find yourself saying, geeses it flew out and I cannot find it. So, beware and be ready to lose it.

Then you will need to line up those very tiny spacer washers too. Good luck

SignosaurusRex

Bearing assemblies are NOT included with new pinch wheels for the AE60 Elite. The new wheel kits come only with wheels and springs unless they have recently changed that, which is highly unlikely.

Mal

You will find yourself saying, geeses it flew out and I cannot find it.

Oh yeah. Did that when I took the wheels off to clean them. Lost one of those little buggers down into the works. I read the manual afterward, and they suggested taping over the slot so nothing falls in while replacing the wheels. Good advice...even better if you read it BEFORE you do it.