• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I hope to spit in your messkit...Sorry Floyd!

LoneRanger01

you can't be that old, the short is done in color and I remember as a kid there was not any color TV shows or color TV's and very few color movies. Which begs me to ask the question, were all signs done in black and white before they had color vinyl?

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
you can't be that old, the short is done in color and I remember as a kid there was not any color TV shows or color TV's and very few color movies. Which begs me to ask the question, were all signs done in black and white before they had color vinyl?

OK, only 52.

As a teen I loved to listen to (gasp) talk radio on the old WFAA AM570 out of Dallas.
They had an evening show hosted by a fellow called Dave Lowell (?) who would feature Lum and Abner, Bob and Ray, Hudson and Landry and other older comedy radio programs.
As a child in So. Dak. (yes I remember the old abbreviations) I remember black and white TV.

We had two TV stations. CBS out of Souix Falls and a PBS from Valentine ? Neb.

Absolute favorites were Captain Kangaroo, Wild, Wild West, Captain 11 (CBS) and the Electric Company (PBS).

Captain 11 had a 41 year run. A lot of corn fed kids (me) loved him. A very kind soul.
http://66.231.15.194/captain11/index.cfm

OldPaint

cousin brucie.....WLS chicago am radio. wolfman jack, WABC new york...WWVA wheeling w.va. KDKA radio........

LoneRanger01

I remember when "So. Dak." was the proper abbrevation before they went to two letters. When I returned from Viet Nam in 69 I left the Marine Corps and joined the Air Force and was station at Rapid City S D. All I wanted to do was fly around in one of those B52's and drop nukes on Russia. They gave me a rifle and put me under groung (missle silo) and said guard this. I went back to the Marine Corps and got out in 72 when there were no more wars......So Dak is a cool state.