• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I just have to know

Malkin

Yeah I was wondering what printer only does one pass...

So you mean that the size is convenient to have little to no waste. Always a good thing!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Heh - I also thought the same and was thinking what the prints might look like with the printer shooting down a 1 inch band, advancing an inch....

But yeah - I think your are right on the money. With a commitment of all 10 billed at once and a 50% deposit anyways. Thats at least 3 layers of cut vinyl which is going to be a pain in the butt. I'd personally print the entire thing - cut the labor time in half. Surface is mostly flat so you could get away with a mid grade vinyl like IJ40 with a good laminate.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
$16,000 would be a pretty good deal for anyone.

Get a deposit of 1/2 up front and make them sign your quote that they are doing all 10 within a certain time frame.

I imagine you're doing these on site. Your first one will go rather slowly, but you'll get all the ins & outs and then if I were you, I'd hire an extra body and you should be able to knock out at least two a day if not three. You could get those all done within a week, if you planned it right and work hard at it.

Even if it takes you one truck a day for 10 days.... that's still a pretty good buck for a 1-1/2 weeks worth of work and $1,000 worth of supplies.

phototec

Thats at least 3 layers of cut vinyl which is going to be a pain in the butt. I'd personally print the entire thing - cut the labor time in half. Surface is mostly flat so you could get away with a mid grade vinyl like IJ40 with a good laminate.

I agree with SightLine, if you print-laminate-cut the sides, the same as the back, the labor savings will make up for the added material. Also, the blue and gold (orange) ink colors will be a better match than trying to match cut vinyl to the printed colors.

Good luck - keep us posted on how this works out!

:thumb:

Craig Sjoquist

Yeah thats a good deal, remembers hand lettering sides of fairly smooth trailers for about that per side for transport co's

It is to bad vinyl and print have brought the price of advertising down for what is suppose to be of a sharper image, cleaner look, faster and also picture quality.
When mechanics got air powered tools the price did not drop..Just thought I'd say that.

ionsigns

Personal experience: They wash them often - acid wash...better be good laminate and warranty. The tail is a cone. Application to visual accuracy is challenging at best. Slits, cuts and seams to make look good are necessary

threeputt

Yeah, my take on this is a bit more on the intangible side of things. Before I even read Gino's comments, I was thinking:

1) Are we doing these on site? Or at my place? Is it heated? Well lighted?
2) Over what time period is this to be stretched out?
3) How much notice will we have when they have a vehicle ready?
4) Will they be "car wash clean" and all we have to do it prep them?
(too many times we assume this and then in comes the rig with a
ghost of old lettering, adhesive on it, etc.
5) Getting a good amount of money down, so you can print all ten with confidence?
6) Are all rigs identical?

ABPGraphics

thought you all would like to see one completed - I have one person to concentrate on the back and two people for the sides - teamwork - we completed our first one in approx 4 hours - learned a lot from the first one - I know I can get the time down - we did use scaffolding on the sides - lots of up & down - tiring! - customer is happy - this logo is his creation so he loves seeing it BIG on his tanker

Attachments

• bt exp 2.jpg
    bt exp 2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 115

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
:thumb: Always good to see a nice size job come out just right.

thought you all would like to see one completed - I have one person to concentrate on the back and two people for the sides - teamwork - we completed our first one in approx 4 hours - learned a lot from the first one - I know I can get the time down - we did use scaffolding on the sides - lots of up & down - tiring! - customer is happy - this logo is his creation so he loves seeing it BIG on his tanker