• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion I know my answer already, what's yours...........................

thesignpost

Have a customer that had me quote a job 13 months ago. They recently re-visited the quote and now want to move forward. I told them costs have gone up and put the quote up about $375. more. No problem, They excepted it all over again. Here's the dilemma...........

Their logo is red white and black which is fine for most of their signs, but they have two glass doors which are privacy doors and I automatically changed their black copy to white. Looked great, but the guy e-mails me back and says something about violating the branding guidelines. Ah, excuse me ?? You can't see black on glass, unless you're on the inside looking out and the nice blue sky is showing from behind. I told him there are times when corporate is wrong and they should take a closer look..... or why bother at all lettering the door ?? I said, why not a sign right above the door ?? I left them with decide and let me know, I'll letter anyway you desire.

So, how do you convince someone their idea is really really stupid ??

View attachment 141553
It doesn’t matter what you think. This is what they want. Get the money and let them be on their way. All you can do is suggest it to them. I have run into this a lot. They love it that way. That’s all that matters.

I usually tell how it won't show up and why but I put it in a email before the job.
Once the job is complete and they complain about it not showing up I just forward that prior email back to them.
offer to redo it at cost

Stacey K

I like making signs
The black looks ridiculous. I would suggest a white rectangle behind the logo if they insist on the black. Outline - ehhh, I like the white rectangle best. Really not ideal but perhaps it's the best solution to make a full impact for their logo. Good luck!