• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I originally thought Blippo....

Shovelhead

but not.....
Any ideas????
Thanks in advance

:cool:
:rolleyes:
:biggrin:
:unclesam:
:glasses:

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 201

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It's ITC Bauhaus Bold.

Available from Linotype, Bitstream and others. Included with most versions of Corel.

idsign

Arrrgghhhhh....Bauhaus

My first job out of college was creating ads for an audio / video store and their logo was in Bauhaus - can you say circa - way back then! They made me over use the heck out of it which wasn't hard...having appear in a newspaper ads I layed out several times per week for 2 years was TOOOO MUCH!

There are fonts that are a curse of the 70's and before that should not be in current use! Especially those with open characters like Eras and Bauhaus / Blippo...more...

When we see a dated font, we should immediately realize that the creator of the graphic is not a graphic artist! And it is our obligation to the customer to dump old dated type in deference to fresh and inviting contemporary type or time tested traditional type crafted by the masters in the old country. Yes, Bauhaus was crafted in the old country, and I mean OLD country. Stop using it!

Barry

Shovelhead

Had to recreate customer-supplied artwork.....

I cut it and got paid.....None of my business what he wants......
I'll cut Old English all caps if need be........I wasnt a design consultant on this particular job......

:thankyou:

ChiknNutz

I'm doing a job right now for a company that uses Bauhaus for their logo, too. Sucky font IMO, but what do I care since I didn't design it as such.

BTW, HI BARRY, HOW THE HECK ARE YA?!