• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinion I think a light bulb just went off today................................................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:roflmao: Did this thread bring out all the boneheads or what ??

You people can't read for sh!t and what you do read, you don't seem to be able to comprehend.

The place was first a place for professionals, teachers and students alike to come and gather information from each other. We had a whole network of people and suppliers. Compare notes on similar projects. Discuss new and exciting ways of approaching certain avenues. We had a common denominator..... signs of all kinds. Newbies come and newbies go. No big deal. We help those who are willing to help themselves. However, the newbies became more and more aggressive and demanded us to answer their silly questions, so we did. We were thrown into a group of old crabby has-beens who don't like young blood. Nothing could be further from the truth, but most of you only read what ya want and toss out the rest. So, I invite y'all to just keep doing your thing and ignoring anything older people have to say. You've been getting really good at it. Telling people what stringers are and have no idea what you're talking about. Making up scenarios and not doing a thing with any of your newfound information. Backpedaling when some one questions what the heck you are trying to say but have no idea yourself.

Go ride a bike, learn a new skill or how bout this one........ you guys might try something you can bullsh!t your way through and not get caught. That's all this is about. You guys haven't got a clue and can't find your way outta a wet paper bag without someone helping ya.

De.signs Nanaimo

:roflmao: Did this thread bring out all the boneheads or what ??

You people can't read for sh!t and what you do read, you don't seem to be able to comprehend.

The place was first a place for professionals, teachers and students alike to come and gather information from each other. We had a whole network of people and suppliers. Compare notes on similar projects. Discuss new and exciting ways of approaching certain avenues. We had a common denominator..... signs of all kinds. Newbies come and newbies go. No big deal. We help those who are willing to help themselves. However, the newbies became more and more aggressive and demanded us to answer their silly questions, so we did. We were thrown into a group of old crabby has-beens who don't like young blood. Nothing could be further from the truth, but most of you only read what ya want and toss out the rest. So, I invite y'all to just keep doing your thing and ignoring anything older people have to say. You've been getting really good at it. Telling people what stringers are and have no idea what you're talking about. Making up scenarios and not doing a thing with any of your newfound information. Backpedaling when some one questions what the heck you are trying to say but have no idea yourself.

Go ride a bike, learn a new skill or how bout this one........ you guys might try something you can bullsh!t your way through and not get caught. That's all this is about. You guys haven't got a clue and can't find your way outta a wet paper bag without someone helping ya.
OK stop helping the new people then, I am no newbie and don't need your help, but whining about how your precious club has changed does no one any good. Change is the only constant in the world, you best get used to it!

Johnny Best

I don't know about any light bulbs going off, but, this forum is the same as it has always been to me. Just that a lot of braggarts have left because the ego stroking was not good enough for them. The new owner is more hands off as the former owner was and that appeals to me.
But like traffic, there really isn't anything to do about it. So if you see an old man with a gray beard while driving in PA, yelling at you for cutting him off, get as far away from him as possible because Gino is carrying and his lightbulb is dimming.

gnubler

I like the dumb questions. They make me feel smarter. :supersmilie:
Exactly. I don't see what the complaint is, it's like free entertainment. Personally, I love the abuse.

Gino says he's done helping the 'tards, but he'll be back.

gnubler

time for a new home.
The prepress forum did that years ago, and all the oldtimers went rogue and started their own forum. I still peek in there a couple times a year, it's down to the core ten members who post day in/day out about their printing prowess and mad skillz. Everyone else lost interest.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
The prepress forum did that years ago, and all the oldtimers went rogue and started their own forum. I still peek in there a couple times a year, it's down to the core ten members who post day in/day out about their printing prowess and mad skillz. Everyone else lost interest.
Im not sure which one that is?
But it’s crossed my mind a few times lately due to how this one has been ran and the lack of moderation.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
If you guys feel like your time is being taking advantage of by all the newbies, then don't spend as much time on this forum, it seems like a simple fix to me. When someone hands out stuff for free, a line up will eventually form, just stop handing stuff out! Go ride a bike, or walk on the beach, or here's a cool idea, learn a new skill yourself so you can remember what it's like to struggle a bit.

I'd love to go for a walk on the beach, but they'll be covered in snow for another month! :roflmao:

My brotha from a different motha. Settle down. Some of these newbies could become something if they apply themselves. I doubt it, but you never know. I took a slight break from this place for the exact same reasons. Seemed like too much nonsense takin place, but it is what it is. I know you have several printers going, so you have time to jabber on here but do like me and just do something else instead of coming to this place. I'm not telling you to leave as 101 has some good stuff going on, but its been hard to find lately. Maybe with summer coming new things will pop up to your liking. Stay in touch.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Exactly. I don't see what the complaint is, it's like free entertainment. Personally, I love the abuse.

Gino says he's done helping the 'tards, but he'll be back.

Get one thing straight........ I never called anyone a tard or retard. I don't like that or those kinda remarks/names. Those are your words and you... who keep turning my words around are nothing but a buncha nobodies with the freedom to be here, but don't be making me out to saying that kinda sh!t. That's low calling someone that.

gnubler

Relax. Retarded, by definition, simply means slow...and I was including myself there as I'm one of the newbies.

I think we can all agree that people as a whole are definitely getting dumber. I blame the internet and, of course, the agendas of those in charge.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't care how you classify yourself..... slow, simple or dim. I never said that and never called anyone that. That just goes to show your inability to deal with those you don't consider your equal, regardless of what you say. Just backpedal and change the subject. That'll get the masses off your a$$, huh ?? Let's just pretend I didn't say anything mean/derogatory. I was just being condescending and got caught. Schmuckette.

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
Ya know, for quite some time, many people have been saying how boring and stupid the threads and posts have been getting in this place. So many font requests, how to do some of the most basic functions, how to find so many fundamental things, just so many really dumb questions. Seeing today, that the requirements have changed has now explained quite a bit..... to me, anyway. You need absolutely no skills, no experience, no equipment, no nothing to get in here. I know it was different, but I don't know when it changed. I helped to write the original requirements, so I know it was changed. Fred even ran all the wording and questions past his attorneys back like 15 years ago, to make sure we had it right. That became the law of the land and was defended anytime it came up for debate.

It's a shame, but we have no idea who we're rubbing elbows with anymore. I could care less if it's some other sign guy, some stay at home dad or some lady who wants to burn the midnight candle, but to outright say, you have no interest in this filed, to say you just wanna do it for yourself and cop an attitude because you're asking the dumbest questions and wasting peoples' time because YOU think you deserve it, is just too much.

I really like this industry and it's been a part of me for close to 60 years, but to waste time like this, just doesn't make any sense. Now, I see why so many others have left. Not leaving myself, but posting is gonna be monitored much more closely.

Thanks for the ride...............................
you think some of the questions here are bad you should go to FB for a good laugh - the vinyl groups are hilarious