• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I Want To Make My Own Profiles

Bryce I

I'm Brie
Ok I'm sick of my colors not popping the way they should. Does anyone have some tips or links for building or getting great profiles? I need some "for dummies" type step by step type stuff for this. I print all day, but don't know much at all about level adjustments or quality settings, or how the profiles work. But I want to learn. I recently upgraded from using generic profiles to downloading profiles that match up with the media from roland, but just learned that those too are "canned?" How do I get my hands on those good uncanned ones? (rubs palms together).
Any tips or links would be much appreciated. Using Roland Versaworks 6x and a Truevis-vg-540
Also: we haven't made the switch from truevis to truevis 2 yet. Should I wait until after the change to start leaning into new profiles?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
How much money have you got to invest for a spectro?
Some RIP developers offer color management courses. There's a lot to it.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Anything you download that hasn’t been created from your own prints on your own printer(s) isn’t ideal.

You need to look into getting a spectro and creating your own profiles.

netsol

if you use flexi, all you need is. a I1 pro, buy one on ebay
NOT ONE WITH UV CUT

if you will use xrite software, the license needs to be loaded in the spectro when you buy it

probably, $250 - $500

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
This can be a fun journey, but can also be a rabbit hole. There really is no end to the art and science of color. The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know...

Best of luck to you!

Profile building at FireSprint.gif

C5 Service&Repair

What profiles are you using? The VG prints great color right out of the box, so if you arent getting colors that 'pop', you might jut need to use a different media type 'profile', or different settings under the color management pull down.
There are other possibilities like what color space your design software is using and what profile is being embedded.
Post a few pics of your versaworks settings and your design software color space settings

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
I also found experimenting with the Color Management dropdown in Versa helped get some POP

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I dont think you're going to find a "colour management for dummies" anywhere.
There's a lot of poor info on colour management on the internet. There's also very little good knowledge.
90% of the stuff you'll find is "print a chart, read it, save profile, print" or something along those lines. When yes that's the absolute basic way of doing it. it's not always going to work well.
When i first started, the "print - read - next" method seemed good, until i learnt what i was actually doing and how to tweak for optimum results.