• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ICC profiles for Flexi and Hp 3500 CP

dv

Hi. I’m having problems locating a decent ICC profile for my HP3500CP using Flexi Pro 7 as my rip.
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o:p></o:p>
I’m trying to get decent color representation printing on self-adhesive vinly using UV inks. I can’t seem to obtain a profile from my supplier, or figure out where this vinyl comes from so I can ask the manufacturer.
The ICC file that works the best is one I found set up for dye inks on photo paper. The colors are a bit faded. I did manage to find a profile for the HP 2500CP and for vinyl using UV inks however I get very dark prints and the ink bleeds a bit.
[FONT=&quot]Is there a site or source I can get these sorts of profiles from? [/FONT]

Replicator

The first place I would look would be a t the HP website . . . You don't mention whether you tried that already ?

Welcome to Signs101 DV

dv

Yes I tryed the HP site. Support for the 3500 CP is no longer. I downloaded what they had and am trying to use the ICC profile they named BEST 3500CP UV VINYL or something.

What results is very dark and bleeding.

I'm trying to search where I can to perhaps find a profile that would work for me.

I tryed fiddling with software settings and printing samples, but that is proving to be a time waste and expensive...

dv

Perhaps someone out there knows if there is a newer model HP printer that has ICC profiles that are compatible with my HP3500 CP? I often wondered about this in my digging and searching. Thats another question I suppose :)

Thanks for the welcome. This is a cool site.

thewood

Check with the media manufacturer/distributor. See what profiles they have for the Flexi/HP/Media combo. Also, you may consider creating your own profiles or have someone profile them for you. PrintingDigital.net is a great place for this type of info.

It is highly unlikely that you will find support for the HP Designjet 3500CP on media manufacturer web sites at this point. The CP series printers were discontinued in the year 2000 when the Designjet 5000 series came out. Moreover, your RIP software (Flexi 7.x) did not hit the market until the year 2004. Your best options would be to either upgrade to a more current printer, or add the capability to create your own profiles (spectrophotometer / software).

Bob

Chad

3500 Cp

I have a 3500 Cp, does the Flexisign website not have the profiles anymore? If you want to PM me with your e-mail I can look through my profiles and send you what I have.

Chad