• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Ice damage on new graphics - how to stop from happening again

Chris Keena

So I live in Oklahoma and we get ice storms pretty frequently, and the most recent one has ruined a fleet of newly applied tanker graphics for my customer.

I’ve attached a few photos of the damage. The ice tears film laminate off and all the vinyl off if it was liquid laminated. We are having to replace the whole fleet of graphics now, and I need to find out if there is a way to keep this from happening again?

All graphics were post heated properly and power washers were not used, so it’s just an ice problem. Has anyone else ran into issues like this?

Any ideas on preventing this?
Is there any expansion after the tankers are filled with fuel? Like the stainless expanding enough to pull lam from vinyl?

klingsdesigns

Does the roads these trucks travel use liquid salt at all? Have been seeing issue in the last couple years with liquid salt and vinyl failures. I did have a roll few months ago of 1105 that I couldnt get painters tape to stick to normally like other rolls of 1105 when I tape to take up tube. Only was the one roll of avery that had that issue. But that doesnt help for your 3m roll.