• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ID

Colin

I tried all the regular tools on this and got nothing.

Attachments

• aeit.jpg
    aeit.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 183

jwlllpl

Priva Pro (Bold Italic) is the closest I have found. The "i" is not the same but could easily be vectored and line added to it.

Colin

^^^ If there were, I would have included them. The few other letters (like an "l" or "z") had no distinguishing features or characteristics.

shoresigns

^^^ If there were, I would have included them. The few other letters (like an "l" or "z") had no distinguishing features or characteristics.
There are infinite ways to draw every letter of the alphabet.

Anyway, Corpid is indeed the correct answer. It's a large family, so check the other styles for a better match. The sample you gave has been distorted or poorly redrawn, so the real Corpid will not be a 100% perfect match to your sample.

https://www.linotype.com/503443/corpid-iii-e1s-bold-italic-product.html

Colin

I have painfully scrutinized your suggestion, but it is not a correct match. It's close, but there are too many critical differences.

shoresigns

I have painfully scrutinized your suggestion, but it is not a correct match. It's close, but there are too many critical differences.

Best of luck, then. If you need any more help, post the original sample you were given, before anything was edited. No crops, no autotracing, no resizing, no contrast enhancement, nothing. If you don't post the original sample, you are wasting the time of those who are trying to help you.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Are you writing a novel with it? If not then do like everyone else, get close, convert to curves (or whatever Illustrator snobs call it) and screw with it until it matches. Or just get close enough and call it a day, nobody will know.

shoresigns

Anyway, I'm 98% sure this sample began its tortured life as Corpid. There are numerous clues in the sample. Someone gave someone a low-res image of the text to trace, they traced it poorly (as one does), and then it was re-rasterized into the result you see here. Prove me wrong, I dare you.