• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Idea for racing logo

Team Valhalla

A friend stopped in the other day and was telling me of a business venture he wanted to start up. He's thinking of using "apex" in the business name and was wondering how to incorporate the concept into his logo.

For those that don't know, an apex is the innermost point of the line taken through a curve - or where you come the closest to the inside of a curve when entering and exiting a turn.

I laughed and told him I knew he wasn't a logo designer.... and either was I, so we were screwed right from the start. Anyway... we played with it for a bit and wondered about getting some input on these.

The red and white checkered version in the "A" portrays the "turtles" you often find painted in turns on a race track.

Thanks in advance for input.

SP

Attachments

• Apex Logo.jpg
    Apex Logo.jpg
    572.6 KB · Views: 199

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So far, not liking it. Too many non-matching acrs, the strokes are too thin and the message really isn't evident.

Rather than trying to be clever, just make something with a solid feel to it and go from there. Once you have something substantial figured out, then maybe you could play with it a little.

Team Valhalla

Visual800... thanks for telling me like it is!

Gino... sorry, but that's what an apex is, non matching lines through a turn.

SP

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Call it what you want, the shortest distance between any 2 points is a straight line and that's what you do. You try to visually map out the high spot on entering and exiting and go for it, while keeping your speed up. However, while that is your goal while driving, it is visually disturbing to look at as you have it. What I meant earlier is to find something that works, without the Mickie Mouse etch-a-sketch appearance.

Bretbyron

On the black one, space the "pex" like the "Ap". Lt. Grey the black arc and bring the top of the "A" down a little. The whole font might be stretched a little to tall.

Team Valhalla

I thought a long time ago, after seeing some of the art that's been displayed on this site, that you either have "it" or you don't. It didn't take long for me to figure out that "it" was not one of the things I was capable of.

SP

Ghost Prophet

I would like the 2nd image if it didn't have the crazy line running through it. Instead, consider making the A red and the Pex with the line conected all black. Or even all one color. That'd be a sweet logo.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A little better, but ya hafta take that green line out. Whether you're going right to left or left to right, it doesn't even represent the whole idea you're trying to convey.

:Oops: don't use the FedEx logo, either.

Team Valhalla

Thanks for the input Geno.... sometimes I have a hard time moving away from an original train of thought (green line). Too one track minded - like a horse or jack a--.

Thanks for the response Ghost Prophet. Interesting what a difference you can arrive at simply by changing a font.

Question about my attachment... I'm saving the image as a jpeg. Why is it that not all the image is showing - until you click on the attachment?

SP