• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Ideas for mounting printed acm to plywood?

akuarela

Hi, I have a project with 5 approx. 4'x8' acm vertical panels depicting a mural. Will be uv printed and laminated, and the client was kind enough to cover the studs with 1/2" exterior plywood (this is an wall that has open framing on the other exterior and not visible side) to make everything even (before had some breaks, unenveness, plus not all the studs match with the ends of the boards.
So, my question is: what type of fasteners, process would you recommend? We can make little matching round patches to cover if flat. Usually we use self tappers with hex heads, but obviously unsightly for this use.
Thanks!

SignEST

If it's indoors you could try to glue on french cleats. If it's 6mm ACM you could even tap it and screw on the french cleats. That way there's no fasteners to cover up. The picture shows what a french cleat is and how it's supposed to work.
frencho.png

rjssigns

If indoors you could use J-Channel for mounting mirrors. One strip at the top and one at the bottom. Could also run down both sides for a clean visual. Dabs of Lexel would hold the middle of the panels. Outdoors you need mechanical fasteners.

akuarela

Thank you for the great ideas! In this case, the job is semi outdoors. The panels face inside but in a roofed pergola type patio that is open on the sides, and with our winds here, we'll go with fasteners. Sure will have the other ideas in mind for other jobs, we have used french cleats in the distant past for an indoor job, still looking great, and will check out those j channels. Always have to be learning new stuff, trying new solutions.