• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ij35c Grainy on Mimaki

JLevesque

Hey guys, I just got a roll of ij35C and I cant get a good print. everything is grainy. Ive tried several profiles and nothing seems to print nicely. I was using a cheap drytac material with the Avery3000 profile and every colour was always solid and ink like. Does anyone know of a good profile or setup for this vinyl with the mimaki cjv130-150? id be grateful! ive tested about 10 different ones so far.

Joe

I can't imagine just a media change like that would affect the prints that much. Have you tried running other materials since this issue? Usually grainy to me, means print heads aren't lined up properly or there is an advance feed issue. But if it was an advance issue it would show up more as banding through the prints.

Active Sign

Sign Guy
I have seen some strange things with IJ35C matte recently. Weird flows on the print surface like the coating drips as it’s being manufactured. I switched to Oracal and love it.

Try using Avery MPI 1105 profile. We run this profile for most materials with great results on our CJV.

JLevesque

I’ll give that one a try today. Thanks for the suggestion! I do notice some strange blotches on the ij35c everyonce and a while also. I’ll try and get some pics up later also.

tooler82

Mine was the same way. If you can wait, I’ll let you know Monday what profile I got to work perfectly. What program are you using though? Mimaki or Flexi?

Jb1983

3m ij180cv3-10, 8 pass profile worked the best on pretty much every media I ever ran thru my Mimaki….

tooler82

Sorry. Was hoping I could find it for you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 363

JLevesque

Thats weird. It doesnt make sense to me that the vinyl wont work with Rasterlink. What really doesnt make sense, is the fact that they actually released a profile for this vinyl specifically, yet its so terrible haha

tooler82

That is weird. 3M didn’t have the one for me but just tried a bunch until one was close to the color on the screen and printed perfect.