• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator CutContour creating a white outline on prints

the graphics co

HI,

I am having an issue with illustrator/flexi. every time i send a cut file to flexi it prints a white outline where the countour is supposed to go. Any suggestions?

I am setting the file up same as I always have, just started happening within the last month. CC related?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 147

rjssigns

Looks like it changed colors on you. CutContour is a spot color and will never print.
I do have a question though. Why the Illy to Fexi workflow? For simple stuff we build the file and use Flexi's contour function. Even things I've "built" in Illy I am more inclined to use Flexi for the cut contour. It can really save time. Works a treat. For super complex things I will build and apply cut contour in Illy.

ForgeInc

A simple fix would be to have your cut contour spot color built to 0/0/0/0 and set to overprint, it will never print that way no matter what.

MikePro

send your cut shape to the bottom.
...and I set cutcontour as a shape fill, not a stroke which cuts as a double-line on my plotter.

omgsideburns

My CutContour is always a contrasting color FILL on top of everything else. Real easy to see if the rip identified it or not.

the graphics co

Looks like it changed colors on you. CutContour is a spot color and will never print.
I do have a question though. Why the Illy to Fexi workflow? For simple stuff we build the file and use Flexi's contour function. Even things I've "built" in Illy I am more inclined to use Flexi for the cut contour. It can really save time. Works a treat. For super complex things I will build and apply cut contour in Illy.

On this particular job I was making some die cut elements for a wrap and the color needed to match the rest of the artwork that i sent from illy. I have grown to like the tools and functionality a bit better than flexi. Also, less crashing and better handling of raster images and links.

A simple fix would be to have your cut contour spot color built to 0/0/0/0 and set to overprint, it will never print that way no matter what.​

I thought the spot color had to be set to 0/100/0/0, is that not the case? I ended up turning the top layer off and the contour portion of the file still came through into Flexi.​

the graphics co

send your cut shape to the bottom.
...and I set cutcontour as a shape fill, not a stroke which cuts as a double-line on my plotter.

I found that setting the stroke to .25 eliminates the double cutting, i have had the same issue in the past. shape fill works?