• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm getting streaks in my prints

jeremycoressel

I am running prints on white opaque using a Roland xc-540, and I'm getting streaks even after performing both cleaning methods. I ran a test print and it came out very clean but streaks still occur during regular printing. What is causing this issue and how do a fix it?

GP

thought it said "Streaks in my pants"

Sorry, got nothing for you...but I did get a laugh.

Good luck,

GP

Monsterkidz

Is it the background color? We just printed a chocolate brown on our XC-540 that had dark spots and some streaking. I was guessing it was a heat setting.

We ended up doing the job in cut vinyl instead but if I get time today I'll mess around and see.

Post a picture of what you have over there.

jeremycoressel

its not the background its the logo of spa company and its font is to complex to contour cut so??? i cleaned the print heads and ran cleaning mode but im still getting streaks. it s for an interior sign at eye level so it has to be clean.

jeremycoressel

here is a pic of the problem.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 150

jeremycoressel

the thing is it starts to happen near the end of the run, the first part of the logo which is gray is fine and the small tag line under the gray which is the same green is fine.

MachServTech

More than likely debris on the bottom of the heads dragging the ink along that it has just printed. Clean the strings/ debris off the bottom of the carriage.

mark in tx

Is that "streaking" with the direction of the head travel?

If everything is clean, then you have 2 possibilities,
1. your profile is wrong.
2. the media is contaminated.

I'll bet on 1.