• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Im gonna Wrapping a 53 foot trialer with rivets and horizontal ribs. Does anyone have any suggestion

How to wrap a trailer win rivets and horizontal ribs

• Wraps

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Trailer wrap

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Dany

Hello everyone.

I'm new here and this is my first post.
I will be wrapping a 52 foot trailer soon with revits and horizontal ribs. I never did a wrap with both of them. Was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me.

I will be using a heat gun, a roller and cast vinyl. I couldn' find any videos on how to insall over rivets and ribs at the same time. If anyone out here can help me that would be great l. Cheers.

HulkSmash

write it, leave air channels all the way down the entire rib, heat and rolle pro in. Easy with a little practice.

Dany

The robs are horizontal and the rivits are vertical. I know i have to leave the top and bottom section of the ribs open for air to excapsd but I will return have to deal over the ribs.

Dany

write it, leave air channels all the way down the entire rib, heat and rolle pro in. Easy with a little practice.
The rib run horizontal and the rivets run vertical. How do I install one with out cut the air channel off the other. Do you get what I'm saying.

klingsdesigns

We did one a few months back. Just started from the top and worked down feeding it into every channel with our fingers and a glove at the end we had to go around each rivet separate heat and form them around. This trailer had the big ribs though. If little ribs i would just squeegie on and leave air channel over rivets and heat and rollie pro at the end .

FatCat

We wrapped a couple corrugated trailers a few years ago, hated it - PITA. If another corrugated trailer comes through our shop I will do my best to try to steer the customer towards a banner frame system instead of a wrap . Cost should be about the same and the bonus is that once the frame is installed its and easy swap or change down the road if necessary.

Hollywoodsigns

Designer, printer
Run the roller side to side starting in the middle.(if the ribs are not too deep) Have the graphic tent over all the ribs and just roll in the channels of the ribs. If you use a roller it will be like going vertically but you will be going with the rib and doing the rivets at the same time. This way the next panel will be easier to line up as well.

AKwrapguy

Who's doing the printing? Are they aware that it's a ribbed trailer and are you sure they made the proper adjustments for it? I would pre-hand all the panels and make sure all the graphics line up. Start at the back of the trailer, and when applying start at the top middle and work your way down and feed into the ribs. Try to keep it straight and go on to the next panel. As far as rivets go I would just teat them like any other rivet.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Make sure your panels are tall enough, take a piece of tape and run in down the trailer side and then take it off and lay it on a table and measure it. Work all the ribs and leave all the rivets. They'll have to be dealt with individually to get all the vinyl to "flow" well from panel to panel over the rivets. Usually we have a team of two guys per side; the faster guy does the squeegeeing and the slower guy follows doing the rivets. We do one a week at least, two this week... the installers hate them but they're getting more used to them. Try not to have and horizontal lines, they look funny sometimes.