• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Increasing Connectedness. My special offer for 10/7 thru 10/13/2020.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
As a merchant member, the owner of this forum allows me to promote my special offer once a week.

If you want to improve your listening skills, then I am offering to team up with you to discover your own best small steps to begin practicing better listening. It is called collaboration powered by synergy.

Why?
To better connect with others.

It all hangs on if you want to.

Consider this: connect with me. Let’s have a productive conversation. Within five minutes you will know if we will have a positive path forward. Grow to your greatest potential.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
I continue to be amazed at how many people will read my thread and not reply. If you have a different opinion about listening skills, or if you have a question about listening, I encourage you to reply. Or, connect with me privately. I have only your best interests as my intent.

CMYKENGINEERING

Merchant Member
Perhaps no one is interested?

I continue to be amazed at how many people will read my thread and not reply. If you have a different opinion about listening skills, or if you have a question about listening, I encourage you to reply. Or, connect with me privately. I have only your best interests as my intent.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
We live in a time when attention spans have gotten much shorter.

What's more, how you give someone your full attention has changed, especially as we move away from face-to-face connections.

Virtual connections, virtual communications skills must be honed and developed through learning, exercise, and experience. I am always eager to learn. I invite you to join me in the journey.

Robert

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'd put out a new one everyday and continue to bombard this place with your offers, until someone takes ya up. Hasta be someone willing to listen to you or someone to talk to........ It's not easy to make friends without any incentive these days. Perhaps, making an offer of you paying them to call you or listen to you might help. Let's say, $200 a call. Limit of 5 minutes, like you said. Sounds reasonable to me and ya might pull some bodies in. Joining you in a journey however, does not seem like a good way to teach someone , when you tell them you're learning at the same time. Sounds like a Jonestown kinda deal.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
I'd put out a new one everyday and continue to bombard this place with your offers, until someone takes ya up. Hasta be someone willing to listen to you or someone to talk to........ It's not easy to make friends without any incentive these days. Perhaps, making an offer of you paying them to call you or listen to you might help. Let's say, $200 a call. Limit of 5 minutes, like you said. Sounds reasonable to me and ya might pull some bodies in. Joining you in a journey however, does not seem like a good way to teach someone , when you tell them you're learning at the same time. Sounds like a Jonestown kinda deal.
Gino The more I learn, the more I realize what I don't know. What I know about listening is maybe 2% of what can be known. Some here on Signs101 maybe know 3%, some maybe a little less, some maybe a lot more. The topic is huge and ever changing. For me, it is an interesting journey and others are welcome to join in the fun.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think we can all say, we're always learning. But your claim is you're gonna help people get more business, close more deals and become better listeners all the way around. I doubt to the nth degree..... that 2% of knowledge is not enough to be a teacher or even a good listener. Sure, a teacher only hasta stay one step ahead of the pupil to be still considered a teacher, but 2% isn't a very good starting point.

Your interesting journey, does not equate to people listening to you as some sort of teacher or even a listener. It sounds as though you might wanna take your own suggestion and take some lessons of your own, before spouting off this hocus-pocus stuff.

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Here's a tip Robert, if your interesting journey involves some hallucinogens I might pay for that... you'd have to get some of the sign girls here to commit first though.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Here's a tip Robert, if your interesting journey involves some hallucinogens I might pay for that... you'd have to get some of the sign girls here to commit first though.
I wonder if it includes a free taste of pudding and instant gratification. :eek:

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Gino I am amazed at how many creative directions you are able to take my metaphors.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
I want to thank the several Signs101 members who have connected with me privately. I appreciate their encouragement. Amazing! My motive for being here is to be an encouragement to others and they have reached out to encourage me. Wow! That means so much to me.

If you are a little shy and have any interest, questions or would like to privately connect with me: first click on my name, then click on “Profile Page.” (Notice, right below “Profile Page” it does say “Start a Conversation.” Please do not start a conversation there. It is not private.) Once you are at my profile, then click on “Information,” scroll down and click on “start a conversation.” That will open a truly private conversation. Other option: click on my banner ad.

FYI From my first “special offer” going forward, for your personal privacy, by your name, I will never post on Signs101 that you opened a private conversation with me without your explicit permission.

Consider this, when you genuinely desire to connect with the other person, it will often save you time. When you truly listen, the other person will feel free to say what they might have left unsaid. When appropriate, gently keep asking something like, "Is there anything more?" In the long run, it will indeed save you time.
Robert

Jeremiah

In our shop it takes me 30 seconds to understand what the customer wants and needs . We fine tune it and we are down the road to production , delivery and final payment. Next Customer ... In our shop we have hundreds if examples and samples of our work , the customer can see and touch the products Why would anyone in business here need a private conversation here to learn how to listen to their customer ? Let me answer that in my opinion "They Dont" .

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino I am amazed at how many creative directions you are able to take my metaphors.

You ask a question looking for answers, then you're amazed when someone gives you possibilities. How does that happen ?? I'm not amazed with your questions, but more your mindset.

I'm really glad you have people making connections with you, but why don't they wanna give you some kudos for helping them ?? In most businesses, the supplier is always looking for testimonials. We have them on our brochures and our website. People are usually happy to help someone who helped them, but your claim is to keep it private, unless they release those rights. Why aren't they offering them up on their own ??

Ya see, Robert, there's more to just writing down words and using sly angles to achieve credit. You really need to earn it and the best form of publicity is when others bring it forth without your knowledge. So, you keep talking about these people you've helped, but I don't think I've seen anyone, except someone in the very beginning, who said they knew you. I don't remember them giving you any acknowledgement for these so-called achievements.

I've been listening, but I haven't heard it, yet. What am I doing wrong ??

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
In our shop it takes me 30 seconds to understand what the customer wants and needs . We fine tune it and we are down the road to production , delivery and final payment. Next Customer ... In our shop we have hundreds if examples and samples of our work , the customer can see and touch the products Why would anyone in business here need a private conversation here to learn how to listen to their customer ? Let me answer that in my opinion "They Dont" .
Jeremiah It sounds like you have some well developed listening skills.
Between you and me, I have only one question: Is there any room for improvement?
As far as "private conversations," I am not sure what you are getting at. Maybe this will help. I have already had several private conversations with members using that function here on Signs101.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
You ask a question looking for answers, then you're amazed when someone gives you possibilities. How does that happen ?? I'm not amazed with your questions, but more your mindset.

I'm really glad you have people making connections with you, but why don't they wanna give you some kudos for helping them ?? In most businesses, the supplier is always looking for testimonials. We have them on our brochures and our website. People are usually happy to help someone who helped them, but your claim is to keep it private, unless they release those rights. Why aren't they offering them up on their own ??

Ya see, Robert, there's more to just writing down words and using sly angles to achieve credit. You really need to earn it and the best form of publicity is when others bring it forth without your knowledge. So, you keep talking about these people you've helped, but I don't think I've seen anyone, except someone in the very beginning, who said they knew you. I don't remember them giving you any acknowledgement for these so-called achievements.

I've been listening, but I haven't heard it, yet. What am I doing wrong ??
Gino As far as why don't they say anything here on Signs101, a few of them have said they have seen enough. After all that has gone on here, I understand how they feel. Most of my private conversations have been with members who want to encourage me to continue to offer my encouragement.
It seems that I always miss your expectation. You mention my mindset. I intent to continue to offer to team up with any Signs101 member who wants to improve. Very often, it has been my experience that just by listening to them, asking open ended questions, they discover their own answers and then they get really excited. Once in a while, I might suggest that there is someone that I know who might be able to help them. If they are interested, I connect them.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Robert Armerding....... I find that hard to believe that anyone you've helped is afraid to post their findings to further help someone else. Besides you said a few of them. How 'bout the others ?? Can you muster up 3 people who have benefited from these conversations ?? Perhaps 2 ?? I promise you, it will help you in the longrun, instead of all this uncertainty.

Why would these unnamed people encourage you to go on with this endeavor, but not wanna help you ?? Seems a bit selfish on their part.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Robert Armerding....... I find that hard to believe that anyone you've helped is afraid to post their findings to further help someone else. Besides you said a few of them. How 'bout the others ?? Can you muster up 3 people who have benefited from these conversations ?? Perhaps 2 ?? I promise you, it will help you in the longrun, instead of all this uncertainty.

Why would these unnamed people encourage you to go on with this endeavor, but not wanna help you ?? Seems a bit selfish on their part.
Gino I hear you. You see Sign101 from an entirely different perspective than most newbies. You have been here for years and are quite comfortable with your input. Let me ask you to try to imagine being a brand new member.