• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Indoor Wall Mural Over Vinyl Graphics

Monsterkidz

Hi Everyone,
I was just commissioned to paint an indoor wall mural at a new school. The room has been wrapped in printed vinyl graphics and they would like me to paint the mural on top of the graphics.

I usually use eggshell latex paint for all my indoor mural work but I am wondering if this approach will work ontop of the vinyl.

Anyone have any tips/advice on this one?

Hi Everyone,
I was just commissioned to paint an indoor wall mural at a new school. The room has been wrapped in printed vinyl graphics and they would like me to paint the mural on top of the graphics.

I usually use eggshell latex paint for all my indoor mural work but I am wondering if this approach will work ontop of the vinyl.

Anyone have any tips/advice on this one?

My advice would be to remove the vinyl. Paint indoors will last "forever". Vinyl will most likely not, so it sounds like a recipe for eventual failure.

Jillbeans

I agree, I would not paint over vinyl if I could avoid it. Your paint may not adhere properly, and the underlaying vinyl may not stay stuck.
I would quote for removing the vinyl (if you think you can do it without damage) or specify that they remove it.
Love....Jill