• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Industry Wide Price Increase on Garments

Sign_Boy

I just got an e-mail and thought I'd share it.

As a result of rising raw material and transportation costs, manufacturers have announced price increases on most of their styles.

These increases will go into effect in July.
The price increase will be approximately 4-6%

Just thought I'd give you all a heads up.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
And I thought as they bought bigger and more expensive equipment for manufacturing this stuff... the prices would go down as everyone here does................ :ROFLMAO:

Don't these manufacturers know how to play the game ??

threads1

Yup! We got messages from all of our suppliers last week. It's definetly industry wide. I think a lot of it is "monkey see, monkey do".

Clear Choice

Yup, it's everywhere...our printing paper supply house raised
paper prices 6% as of June 1st.

Restaurants are in the same boat....food prices have increased dramatically.

Can you spell
I N F L A T I O N ?

We are adding 2-3% every 6 months to all finished product prices.
It's either raise your prices or take it directly out of your pocket......
What do you do??????????

Techman

Can you spell
I N F L A T I O N ?

No, but I can spell anticipation of the TAX increases. I case few know it.. The health care bill has a ton of new taxes within it. And it has a few more regulations that will cost you as a business owner in you CPA fees. Does every one know about the 1099 rule going into effect? Do you know about the 1099 for the phone company and every other utility and every other entity you send a payment to? My CPA has mentioned I will be sending out about 43 1099's at about $5 bux each... :(

Already here in this state they are talking 6% tax on all services. Hair cuts, lawn mowing, installing, etc.

I announced to my clients that if the g man implements these taxes I will be forced to collect those taxes. I reminded them it is not my prices going up. IT is the taxes being rammed onto us. I had to make a pre-emptive strike against the future complaints..

Geeses I hate this anti business line of thought.