• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink date code

Colin

How does one decipher the manufacture date code on Roland ink cartridges?

Attachments

• P1050906.JPG
    P1050906.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 335

Bill43mx

You won't get any date info from that. I don't know what the JAN is but it apparently isn't January....I went through a pile of old carts and they ALL say JAN.

Colin

Actually, I think this is the label which indicates the manufacture date. Anyone know how to properly read them?

Attachments

• P1050907.JPG
    P1050907.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 221

Gino

Premium Subscriber
They [Roland] might only stand behind them for two years, but about a year ago, I found an old set CMYK of 220's, from when we first bought the machine, back in 2006. At first we were afraid to use them, but being the penny-pincher I am, we used them as needed and they worked fine after almost 6 years of sitting in a drawer. We shook them up real good, then let them settle for a few days before putting them in.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Kinda a disclaimer to what I posted.

Although it worked for us and we didn't notice any problems, I wouldn't advise keeping any ink that long and counting on it keeping it properties in tact.

We generally have two 440's of all colors on the shelf at all times. Ya never know when something goofy is gonna happen and you need to get that cartridge in immediately and if it's a big enough order, you could go through that 440 in a day or so. It's happened on several occasions to us.
We also keep two liter containers of our ink in spare for our flatbed at all times. Sometimes when you order last minute, certain colors have been back-ordered. All total, that's about $2,500 worth of ink, setting on the shelf waiting to be used.

Just be careful of running too low.

Colin

Ok, so after talking with a Roland rep, here's how to read your EcoSol Max cartridges for manufacture date.

(For some odd reason they don't put a "1" in front of the year, and all the other numbers to the right of the day are internal to Roland and meaningless to us end users).

So this cartridge was made on July 5th 2012.

Attachments

• Ink Dates.jpg
    Ink Dates.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 248

woolly

thanks for that

some of my spare carts have a letter where you say the month should be ??

any ideas