• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Leaking/Bypassing

rjssigns

Got a weird one. This started after printing a trailer wrap if that's a clue. During auto clean or manual clean ink comes out of this plastic piece.(see arrow). It is below and to the left of the wiper blade.
There are two holes in it (covered in ink in the photo). Drain lines from capping station are clear and flow cleaning solution and ink. Apparently not enough. Looking for suggestions.
Yes, I contacted the dealer yesterday morning. Haven't heard anything but I know they are super busy. Would like to fix this myself if possible. Rig is out of warranty.
ink.jpg

Johnny Best

Behind the wioer blade there is a channel that runs ink to the tubing. Sometimes that builds up with ink and needs to be removed. I use a the sponge for cleaning with alcohol.

rjssigns

Cleaned out some crud but it still barfs out ink. Pump seems to be plenty strong just not getting much flow through the drain lines. They are almost ink free at this point and I can see dribbles of clear cleaning solution going through them.

rjssigns

Fixed it. Drain line was clogged by a big piece(~4") of petrified ink. At some point I'll probably have to get another chunk of hose.
I have my theories on why this happened. If it doesn't clog with the new ink I'll have my answer.;)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Sorry I'm late to the party. Yes that is usually a clogged waste line. With the new inks, they came out with a retro fit tube system that is supposed prevent clogging. The new inks dry faster so I guess the angle of the tube needs to be steeper to drain faster into the tank.

rjssigns

Sorry I'm late to the party. Yes that is usually a clogged waste line. With the new inks, they came out with a retro fit tube system that is supposed prevent clogging. The new inks dry faster so I guess the angle of the tube needs to be steeper to drain faster into the tank.
No worries. Got to the point I started pulling and cutting until I found the problem. Soooo....is the new ink drain available? If it isn't I'm not too worried. Now that I know what to watch I should be fine.

humberto s

If you talking about OEM new mutoh inks MS31 they clogged brandnew headprint DX5 from my mutoh vj1615. Still mutoh ink seller dont take the blaime

rjssigns

If you talking about OEM new mutoh inks MS31 they clogged brandnew headprint DX5 from my mutoh vj1615. Still mutoh ink seller dont take the blaime
If I'm not mistaken the MS31 causes issues in the older heads. Someone on the forum posted a TSB regarding this.

humberto s

Did you install the head or did a dealer install the head?

Here how it goes. with the knowledge and validation of the official mutoh dealer I bought the printhead from digisupliers, Official mutoh dealer installed digisupliers printhead and exchanged old outdated mutoh OEM inks for new new MUtoh OEM inks. without telling me you installed the new inks ms31 in cyan but in the other lines color new inks but from the previous reference. printer printing ok. after 15 days some (10-15)cyan nozzles became missdirect and tended to clogged. Dealer tells that the problem was that printhead was not as good as the ones bought at MUTOH. I found out that MUtoh america released tec realise of the problem new mutoh printhead with transport liquid inside the head used with new MS31 causing clogged. now muoh official dealer does not assume damage to the head by the new inks

humberto s

New inks won't work in older models such as Valuejet 1204, started using JetBest inks and no problem so far.

Hello. by new inks you refer mutoh ms31 ecosolvent? do you have this information from mutoh or users with the same problem? can you tell me where i can access this information? Thanks in advance

rjssigns

Hello. by new inks you refer mutoh ms31 ecosolvent? do you have this information from mutoh or users with the same problem? can you tell me where i can access this information? Thanks in advance
One of your older posts had the Mutoh TSB attached. Search Mutoh MS31 on this forum.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If I'm not mistaken the MS31 causes issues in the older heads. Someone on the forum posted a TSB regarding this.
You just have to flush them first. It's the shipping fluid that is incompatible with the ink. Although the old heads are no longer made so there shouldn't be problems in the future.

rjssigns

You just have to flush them first. It's the shipping fluid that is incompatible with the ink. Although the old heads are no longer made so there shouldn't be problems in the future.
Thanks for the update. I run a DX7 so I'm good. Tech still flushed the new head before installation. Said it's a good idea because ya never know...