• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink near end - head cleaning?

myronb

One of my black cartridges beeped "Near end" this morning. Also, My magenta head is not printing right. I think a Strong Clean would fix it, but with the nearly empty cartridge it won't run the clean. Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,
Myron

iSign

you could open a new cartridge, run the strong clean, put back the near end cartridge, & use it up...

..I know I did that once, but I think it didn't beep for the ink end after doing that... it just dropped out, so maybe it's a bad idea. In my case it didn't ruin a print (happened on a small test print) and didn't get air in the lines... but had me worried for a few minutes.

myronb

Thanks, iSign, but of course I don't have a new cartridge!! that's where my problem is.

Thanks anyway,
Myron

iSign

I researched the post I had wrote when I had that problem I mentioned above.

I wasn't sure I was remembering correctly, so figured I should make sure.

I did have my story a little screwed up, but I'm still not sure it is of any use for you. Just in case though...

here it is;
http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15044&highlight=test+draw

But, to respond to your latest comment... how can you risk not having any ink around... especially when you are low in one?? ...FedEx has already got some ink on it's way right?

myronb

Thanks again, iSign! As far as why I don't have extra ink? Just dumb, I guess. It's never really been a problem--when the machine beeps & says "near end" I just order it then. It's here the next day & I'm not down.

Well, now I guess I know better! I'll have an entire extra set here this week!