• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink not sticking to coro

michsanford

We are having issues with ink coming up from some coroplast. This happens after only being outside for 2 weeks. We understand coro is only for temp use outdoors, but it should be lasting longer than this.

Printed on HP FB750, UV, Indoor plus setting

It seems to be coming up in the same spot on all the boards, so I am leaning towards a manufacturer defect.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_8319.jpg
    IMG_8319.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_8320.jpg
    IMG_8320.jpg
    610.3 KB · Views: 107

clarizeyale

we have the 550.

- how long do you let it dry first before printing?
- what are your lamp settings set at? low? medium? high?

edit --
what are your lamp settings set at for the specific material used?

Last edited:

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Try an adhesive promoter or spring for the "digital" coroplast that most suppliers offer some version of. The ink tends to adhere better, and the panels are actually square and clean.

michsanford

we have the 550.

- how long do you let it dry first before printing?
- what are your lamp settings set at? low? medium? high?

edit --
what are your lamp settings set at for the specific material used?
I let it dry for about a minute, maybe 2, before printing.
The lamps have been on low and high, both times with the same result

clarizeyale

I let it dry for about a minute, maybe 2, before printing.
The lamps have been on low and high, both times with the same result

Oooh okay. We've had similar issues and what solved it was increasing the lamp intensity for the specific profile but just saw the other comment about getting a diff brand of coroplast. Definitely agree getting coroplast specific for flatbed printing.

I prefer to clean the material and let it dry for 10+ mins... but this might not be part of the issue.