• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink still half full ???

BadAss

We have a Mutoh 1604. We use 440ml carts. the last couple of times it beeps and says to change ink cart. I do but it still has a crap load of ink in it. I am thinking that maybe it has a setting for what size cart. you use, and that it is set on 220ml and has me change out the cart, when there is still half the ink left. Is this possible? Shouldn't it regonize from the chip on the card of the cart. as to what size it is...I can't seem to find anywhere that there is a setting for this. Any suggestions short of calling and trying to actually get an answer from the manufacturer? Thanx....Mykel

BadAss

Only 4 months old. Everything works fine as far as printing (mostly) But last week the machine shut its self down after printing about 40 feet of material and all the settings that we had saved for heats, speed etc. reverted back to default. and since we have changed 2 carts and both are still about half full. I sent a request to SW but nothing back yet...M*

randya

Sounds like you might have had a power surge, this could have corrupted your smart cards when it blew the settings memory.

GARY CULY

im goin with the power surge ..get a battery backup ! i checked my log just now and i had 3 power interuptions for 5 seconds each in the last week ..hmmm i didnt know that..guess it is doing its job...

signage

If using UPS on a printer make sure it is large enough! current draw of equipment X voltage is minimum I would also add 10% for safety.

graphixtogo

What size/rating is needed for a UPS or power conditioner for a 1604? I have been thinking about this for a few months, but haven't done any research yet...

At the amp draw that Mutoh suggests for the machine, it seems that it would require "one honkin' big" UPS! One that would probably cost darn near as much as the machine itself! :wink:

What are any of you using for this?

signage

Graphixtogo that is what I was trying to say, these printers take alost of watts to run, they have heaters, motors and circuits to control these, the most demanding part is the heaters if you could run them without the heaters the watts would go way down, but that doesn't work.

graphixtogo

I wonder...

Since the heaters have a separate power cord, maybe it would work to put a UPS/power conditioner just on the power cord for the control part of the machine and leave the heaters plugged straight into the outlet. Not a perfect setup, but it would help protect the more sensitive parts of the machine. The heaters can probably take alot of fluctuation in voltage without being damaged.

This would work only if the circuits for those power cords are totally separate from each other. If they both feed an internal common circuit, then just protecting half of it wouldn't do any good. Anyone know for sure how the circuit is laid out inside the machine?

synergy_jim

Only 4 months old. Everything works fine as far as printing (mostly) But last week the machine shut its self down after printing about 40 feet of material and all the settings that we had saved for heats, speed etc. reverted back to default. and since we have changed 2 carts and both are still about half full. I sent a request to SW but nothing back yet...M*

that sounds like the mutoh I know....

the shop I worked for had a big falcon outdoor a few years back and it spent more time being fixed than printing...

PMG

I just had this issue and they GEI Calgraph said it was a capping station issue wile doing cleanings that it was not sealing correct,they came out and replaced the capping station and the ink levels are on the money now.