• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Insane installation

ChicagoGraphics

Has anyone ever seen an installation like this before, chanel letters adhered to banner material, I see It often and It's amazing that It never falls down.
IMG_20210702_204024.jpg

unclebun

I doubt they are adhered to the banner wrap. Unless they are packing them with some serious lithium batteries, they are wired the traditional way, through the wall. That means there are studs through the banner too. On the other hand, if the banner isn't flush with the wall, but they use something hefty like Cooleybright or even thicker, as long as the letters are super lightweight, I could see attaching them with multiple small fasteners would work.

ChicagoGraphics

I've seen this done at old navy stores, there is a 1" tube frame that hits mounting points behind the letters. Something like this solid background seems really easy, it's only super annoying when the banner has graphics that align with the letters and is then illuminated also, requiring a lot more alignment time and for the frame to be notched away as to avoid shadows.
The only thing that was in the box was rows of LED's no frame tubing what so ever except for the box It's self, the only thing that's holding It is the outer edges of the box

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
The faces on some of those Chinese character channel letters must be a bitch to get on... Its hard enough for me to put on an "M"

ChicagoGraphics

They
Give me a single M any day, it's the scripty letters they stitch together that really ruin my day. For instance, Freddy's overall sets pushing 18' long... (This one actually looks pieced together, not the ones I've had to deal with.)
View attachment 154344

Huh, I wonder if it's a shallow enough box, allthread could support the letters, though as light as we make them, I can guarantee Chinese made channel letters are 50-75% the weight of ours, hand welded together, I suppose the banner could hold them with a heavy enough material... Why didn't ya just ask tha

ChicagoGraphics

Th
Give me a single M any day, it's the scripty letters they stitch together that really ruin my day. For instance, Freddy's overall sets pushing 18' long... (This one actually looks pieced together, not the ones I've had to deal with.)
View attachment 154344

Huh, I wonder if it's a shallow enough box, allthread could support the letters, though as light as we make them, I can guarantee Chinese made channel letters are 50-75% the weight of ours, hand welded together, I suppose the banner could hold them with a heavy enough material... Why didn't ya just ask that guy?
They didn't speak any English, the box looks to be 4 inchs

ChicagoGraphics

Ya know I just kinda assumed you picked up mandolorian or something while living over there. You're saying you live in China and not speaking Chinese? How do you do business, everybody with business speaks en or do you have a translator working with you? So curious.
Most of the compaines I do business with have chinglish speaking salespeople and the ones I come across from time to time that don't speak no English I let my wife do the talking. I only know a few sentences and maybe 50 or so words, It's a very hard language to learn

MikePro

we've mounted channel letters atop a flexface cabinet before.... the secret's in the sauce, but they're definitely not just "hung on the banner".

MikePro

speaking a second language is the BEST, when people assume you dont know it. autotranslate & voice apps will make it all a breeze soon enough, and then amazon/google will have fullfilled yet another step in its master plan.

mkmie

Lost Soul
Y

You never heard of people moving to other countries before, you must live somewhere in the sticks in IL, lol
Yes, definitely not downtown but suburban. What I meant was I like to follow nearby printers and automatically started following you based on your name without looking at your profile.
When I was going to reach out to you with a question and saw the China location an laughed at myself.
Was a day of "assuming making an ass out of you and me" day.
I don't even know why I responded.
no need to be snippy.