• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing inside of a hair salon without getting hair on it

DeadDoc

Lay a paint/drop cloth down and tape it to the walls and consider this in with your costs.
Thanks and I great appreciate everyone's advice! This info is really helping a lot to understand that I obviously have not understood how clean of a work environment that I truly need to be in. I've even had to learn how to create cut vinyl lines in illustrator just to teach the graphic designers how to not give me anymore double cut lines. And by months end I get to learn a new printer which should give me back some sanity, hopefully, it is an HP still.

neutrinocv

Absolutely clean area, vaccumed, mopped, air fans and ducts closed shut plus a couple of large surface humidifier put up close to your working area. Make sure the windows are super clean and that your vinyl and backer are dust free. Cover the floor if need be. make sure your clothes are dust and dirt free. Wear something to cover your hair and beard (nets, hats...). Cordon off the area. Then you are good to go.

Even with all those precautions you may and probably will end up with a hair or dust particle somewhere, somehow...

Before quoting on an etched glass job, I always tell the customer that the true perfection of real etched glass comes with a high financial cost and that the cheaper vinyl workaround come with the cost of it being not as totally perfect even though every reasonable actions are taken (as above). From there, it's their choice...

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
or just tell them you will do the best you can considering the conditions, do the job normally and move on to the next

DeadDoc

or just tell them you will do the best you can considering the conditions, do the job normally and move on to the next
I explained that to my project manger (the point of contact between them and myself, who actually used to be an INSTALLER!) who I am guessing didn't relay anything over as well, production members (2) are the only staff members who actually care about their job here (not even close to being hearsay as people have said it). Which is what I am bout to do now with explaining two routes to go. I can build a clean room and pass the cost over or you be happy with the fact that I tried my best twice.

Sorry if I keep venting during this.

Last edited:

Z SIGNS

I don't understand what the problem could be. Clean the window and slap on your sticker. Hair does not float around in space and get on windows.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I don't understand what the problem could be. Clean the window and slap on your sticker. Hair does not float around in space and get on windows.
Sure about that?
1643935714753.png