• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing new mainboard in Valuejet 1604...

zooter96

Hi,

I'm installing a new mainboard into our Valuejet 1604. Once powered up, I get a blank LCD screen and the power and data lights on solid. I am guessing I need to load firmware and subcontroller files onto the board?

Does the board have an IP address I can access?

Do I need to upload parameters from the old board, or is that not necessary?

Thx.

henryp

You need to install the mainboard and sub-controller firmware. You will need a program like Mutoh Maintenace Engineer (MEA) or Mutoh Service Assistance (MSA) to be able to do this. The mainboard has a default IP Address for this. It will also be good if you have extracted the parameter file from the old board so you can install this on the new mainboard, otherwise you have to enter each parameter manually.

zooter96

Thanks guys. I have downloaded the MEA utility and booted up the printer in Board Manager Mode. I can successfully ping the IP address of the printer (192.168.1.253), but when I try to send any data with the MEA utility I get a 'data timeout' error on both the utility and the printer LCD. Any ideas?

zooter96

Switch 2 on mainboard must be set to on while doing the firmware upgrade

Thanks. Was also trying from Windows7 which doesn't work. MEA only works in XP it seems.

Next question - got the Firmware and Sub Controller files loaded. When I try to Send Parameters (.prm file from old mainboard) it immediately errors out.

Does the Parameters upload require anything different? Also, if I power up the valuejet normally right now, it shows me the Start Ink Charge message.

henryp

To get MEA or MSA working in Windows 7, temporarily disable Windows Firewall. To be able to upload parameter file, you need to input the printer's serial number into the new mainboard.

zooter96

To get MEA or MSA working in Windows 7, temporarily disable Windows Firewall. To be able to upload parameter file, you need to input the printer's serial number into the new mainboard.

Thanks Henry. I updated the serial # parameter on the printer, but it still won't take the .prm file. I can read the parameter file from the printer and get back a 'new.prm', but when I send I get a 'unable to write; 0201' error.

At this point I'm just going to change the Ink Charge parameter and start as new. Am I going to run into any problems without having the old parameters loaded?

henryp

Yes, you can update the ink flag in the parameter menu so it will not do an ink fill. The printer should be OK to print after this.

To obtain optimum print quality, you should input the headrank of the installed printhead and perform uni and bi-di adjustments.

oldog

I think I'm in the same boat as you, or at least on the same river. My 1604 won't power up and it wasn't the power supply board .Everything else looks good, so my fortune teller say's she sees a new mother board in my future. I was just wondering where you bought your's at and how much are they. You may some input that could save me a little cash! Thanks and good luck.

Newbie_on

I think I'm in the same boat as you, or at least on the same river. My 1604 won't power up and it wasn't the power supply board .Everything else looks good, so my fortune teller say's she sees a new mother board in my future. I was just wondering where you bought your's at and how much are they. You may some input that could save me a little cash! Thanks and good luck.

It retails for $1315

henryp

Is there any acivity on the control panel when you power on the printer, any LED lit, LCD display? If not, this maybe just a bad connection between the mainboard and the control panel. Make sure the flex cable is correctly inserted on both ends, also check the power switch on the control panel.

oldog

Thanks for the info. The power switch/light just makes one quick flicker,the led lights on the mother board and on the power supply board along with the heater relays all come on and go off in conjuntion with me turning the power switch on and off.Nothing else comes on ,lights up or moves? Again thanks.

meling

How to register serial number with printer

I have a Mutoh 1614.... When I try to update Firmware it says... "Serial Number not registered with Printer".... I notice you did that, can you let me know how you did this?
Thank you in advance!

Thanks Henry. I updated the serial # parameter on the printer, but it still won't take the .prm file. I can read the parameter file from the printer and get back a 'new.prm', but when I send I get a 'unable to write; 0201' error.

At this point I'm just going to change the Ink Charge parameter and start as new. Am I going to run into any problems without having the old parameters loaded?

zopylote

I have a Mutoh 1614.... When I try to update Firmware it says... "Serial Number not registered with Printer".... I notice you did that, can you let me know how you did this?
Thank you in advance!

Hey guys just activating this post after 2 years damn!

I can0t change the serial number on my Mutoh Board can some one tell me hoe to do it? i did
I went maintenance menu 7.- parameter then Serial No. but i can't change any number there

please if some one know how to do it let me know...

Umca

For install new mainboard you have to run MSA in technician mode and make "Mainboard replace" procedure.
One of step of this procedure - register serial number of printer.

zopylote

For install new mainboard you have to run MSA in technician mode and make "Mainboard replace" procedure.
One of step of this procedure - register serial number of printer.

Thanks for your answer I have MSA but i can't access to technician mode! i lost my password... normally i do about than double click in mutoh logo then double click in MSA logo close and double click in right bottom mutoh logo but a lost the user and password!!! do you know how to find it? or if you have the MSA software a really appreciate it

thanks!