• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Instead of Banner Tape

kroger

I am working on some banners and I’ve run out of banner tape. If I can’t get it in time is carpet tape a good replacement or any other suggestions? I am doing 16’ banners and it is spliced in the middle. I put 2 strips of banner tape at the splice to join them. Should I be doing anything else? Thanks for helping.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
I have no good ideas but carpet tape isn't very strong at all and it's a removable tape. I can't imagine it working for that splice.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
if you had no other choice, gorilla has a very strong, very sticky clear double faced tape.
it is thicker than i would prefer
much better choice than carpet tape

kroger

I am printing two, the first one is finished and ran out of tape. I made sure I taped it well and also grommetted the splice. There will be grommets every two feet as that was my worry. It’s on the side of a trailer for a parade.
Thanks I will try to print the second banner all as one as it could be adjusted if necessary. I never print over 8’ as it can go off track.
Gorilla tape is a great suggestion too.
Thanks everyone!

kroger

I am printing two, the first one is finished and ran out of tape. I made sure I taped it well and also grommetted the splice. There will be grommets every two feet as that was my worry. It’s on the side of a trailer for a parade.
Thanks I will try to print the second banner all as one as it could be adjusted if necessary. I never print over 8’ as it can go off track.
Gorilla tape is a great suggestion too.
Thanks everyone

Superior_Adam

i would find a heavy duty double sided tape not carpet tape. Of course I would just outsource these anyway. You can find plenty of suppliers that will print large banners that have grommets and heat sealed seams for $1/sqft. Not worth the time to print in house and tape them. I only print smaller banners in house and let my supplier print everything else.