• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Interested in a starter system

Decal_Designs

sdgenxr said:
WOW! If I had known this thread would turn out like this, I probably would have thought twice about posting here. But I'm glad to see that it is moving in a positive direction now. It looks like I will try and pick up that D60 from Ebay or purchase the aforementioned Graphtec kit from signwarehouse.com. Does anyone know someplace else I can pick up a D60, new?

Do not overlook Summa's refurbished equipment either. There is a D60 for $1495 at this time. That's a good price, and Summa gives lifetime support for free. That's even if you buy a used Summa from somewhere else.

Here's the link.

Scubadog

I called and talked to the gal about the Summa D60 on ebay and it dosen't include any software other than the drivers and the shipping is about twice what summa will charge. She has it advertised in the local trader for $1400.00 which was her buy it now price on ebay. I am also looking at buying a Summa D60. I started out with an ebay purchased Master Vinyl XY-300p. I wasn't sure if this was something I would be able to do, as I have no artistic talent and didn't want to sink a ton of money into this to start out. In the last 2 months I have learned a great deal and have hooked up with a local printer who was outsourcing all of there vinyl work to a catalog company. They now use me because I can do the work for the same price as they where paying and most times I have the work done and to them by the next day. Plus they save on the shipping cost. I have an appointment with another local print shop on Monday and hope to set up the same thing with them. I save on advertising, I work out of my house, I don't have to have big sign and I don't have to have my property rezoned. I still pick up odd jobs from my truck advertising. The Master cutter does a decent job of cutting as long as the letters are at least 1/2" or larger and it does a decent job on graphics. The biggest draw back is the noise. This thing make a lot of noise! The cutter has paid for itself several time over. I know now that this is something I can do and can make $$ at so I want to invest in a better quailty cutter.:wink: (by the way the Master cutter is for sale $800 with starter software & extras if interested call me @ 765-520-9206) So there are ways of make this into a decent job.