• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Interesting sign client bought from etsy

visual800

A client called and asked for help on a lighted sign they bought from etsy or pinterest possibly, she couldnt remember. It was their logo done with metal faces that were tapped for transulcent bottoms and the insides were led flex taped to inside of circumference of letters, damn well built and heavy, top logo about 10" tall 2nd cop approx 4" and 3rd copy 2.5" tall, very intricate. The pattern they sent was printed on a banner material, which was weird But it didnt have the hole indicators for the power lines which was a guessing game for the installer. After she purchased she said she called them about this or that and the number was discconected and there was no record of the purchase

her husband installed them on sheetrock wall and I admired the tenacity of him doing that as they were stud mounted with the flimsy banner pattern. Problem is it had wires and there was no way to hide wires so they took it all down and I placed them on a max metal board with silcone and stand offs wired it all up and it much better now.

My question is are these companies that is selling this stuff creating accounts and selling a few of these and then deleting thier acoounts to open a new one to keep from having to do tech support? The quality was top notch, these things are waterproof and they are heavy! It came with a power suplly that has a little fan on it, I told them to shut these lights off when not it use!

Attachments

• IMG_1266.jpg
    IMG_1266.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_1268.jpg
    IMG_1268.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 268

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
No idea about etsy or pinterest, but that's a lot of individual letters to wire up in a wall. Good job putting them on ACM. Looks like quality.

victor bogdanov

Most likely a confused buyer if they can't remember where they bought the signage from.

Sometimes on Etsy customers check out as guests and then lose order info and have no idea what/who they bought from. Creating an account during checkout would make it very easy to contact seller (Etsy messaging is the only way to contact sellers so that everything is in writing, no calls)

JBurton

Signtologist
These are foam with acrylic backs that don't properly align. HDU is not rated as an enclosure, so you have to get ip67+ leds that could be rated as a 'fixture' in the first place, the foam is a decorative element. Curious if they just glued the stuff together, as mounting foam through clear backs with no face fasteners is pretty challenging.

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
It would be way more trouble than it is worth to delete and open new accounts. It’s more than likely they just guessed at who they bought it from and weren’t correct.

Was this UL listed? My old shop wouldn't touch an non UL sign. Around her you can lose your contractors license if it burns down the building and they remember you helped install it.

visual800

These are foam with acrylic backs that don't properly align. HDU is not rated as an enclosure, so you have to get ip67+ leds that could be rated as a 'fixture' in the first place, the foam is a decorative element. Curious if they just glued the stuff together, as mounting foam through clear backs with no face fasteners is pretty challenging.
nope they are metal letters with polycard backs that are drilled and tapped into the metal, this is like gemini quality stuff here

Stacey K

I like making signs
I would highly doubt they are closing/opening new accounts. One of the things about Etsy is it shows how many sales they have and people leave starred reviews. If they are doing good work there's NO WAY they would be closing their account if they have a bunch of 5-star reviews. Most of the shops on there are really easy to work with and have good communication.

All they would have to do is check their email for "Etsy", even without an account you are required to enter your email. Maybe they bought it from another shop and just don't want to tell you lol

guillermo

I used to do signs for a local sign company, I was charging them a fair price, they were selling them to other customers, of course, profit, but now they went down from about 60 employees to about 12, and I have not made any sign job for them for the last year, I heard they have all the signage done overseas, in China, much cheaper even if they rush the jobs.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow........ a 60 man shop and no one could do the work in-house ?? Sounds like they got rid of a lotta dead wood.