• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Internet Sites for Vector Art

kroger

I am looking for some good internet sites for clipart, backgrounds, etc. to print digitaly. I have been getting alot of customers lately who send me business card background layouts from the many online print shops or I get crappy internet pictures. Thanks.

Techman

Is there any free sites for this?
Why would a professional want to use FREE art?
ITs all bad, and often copyrighted, and puts one in the position of taking a beating from some legal eagle.

neil_se

I've got a subscription to Signelements.com. Seems to have enough variety for what we need and the vehicle templates are very handy.

OldPaint

IF YA WAS..... a real sign maker, with sign maker programs like COREL, the full version is loaded with clipart. even if you have an older version from 7-12 X3-X5....ALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS of clipart will work in X6 or X7. that is something every shop should have.
also there is another similar graphic/vector program ARTS & LETTERS 8.5 is under $100 and has a bunch of clip art.
getting VECTOR graphics FREE......... is the only joke here....
if you aks where you can BUY SOME....... iam sure there are people here with stacks of cd's plum full of stuff they bought and might be willing to sell it to you)))))

Bretbyron

After looking into Fred's links I would also check for these on ebay: http://www.vectorart.com/ I want to say I paid $150 for all three w/ catalogs years ago and have made many monies from them.

Dover can be a good place. I have gotten many collections from ebay on the cheap. 26 disk MasterClips set + catalog for $5 new in box plus many more.

Invest in some quality art with catalogs to let your customers browse, you will not regret it.

Clem

this is one that i've found things i could actually use, though not often
http://all-free-download.com/free-vector/

Their stuff isn't all crap, but most definitely is.
For the cost of a shutterstock download for hi quality stuff (which is around $10/ download?), even after mark-up, is that not a cost you could work in with the job?!