• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Intuos4 Medium Tablet

TrueAmericanSigns

Has anyone had experience with any type of writing tablets working in conjuction with sign making software etc? Any and all input would be great. And if you have will any of it convert to vector? :thankyou:

FatCat

Wacom tablets work with Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw, so yes vector isn't a problem. I've got a medium sized Intuos 4 and while I don't use it all the time it has proven helpful when I want to freehand something real quick, or use it to do tedious point manipulations.

WildWestDesigns

I've used the Wacom tablets and they are good. Use the Intuos for Illustrator, but I'm saving up for the Cintiq and going to go that route. Used my mom's once and that's all she wrote.

TrueAmericanSigns

Thanks Fatcat...as a newb asking...is Adobe Ill the only sign software you use? I have Beacon Graphic software (Ultraflex Express) and wanted to upgrade to Flexi in the very near future. I am open to any suggestions as I only have vinyl to work with now and plan on adding digital graphics/wraps in mid-June 2011.

FatCat

Yes, though Adobe Illustrator isn't really "sign" software. I come from a prepress/offset printing background so anything Adobe I'm very familiar with and more inclined to use. I don't know squat about Flexi or other sign software, but to each their own.

*Doesn't really matter how you get there, just as long as you get there.

TrueAmericanSigns

Yes, though Adobe Illustrator isn't really "sign" software. I come from a prepress/offset printing background so anything Adobe I'm very familiar with and more inclined to use. I don't know squat about Flexi or other sign software, but to each their own.

*Doesn't really matter how you get there, just as long as you get there.

Thanks!

WildWestDesigns

I use Ai CS4 right now with the CutStudio plugin for my cutter. I thought about upgrading to Flexi, but I couldn't reconcile the coast of it and since I haven't hit a stumbling block with Ai yet on what I've been doing, I'll continue as is.

Now like FatCat says, it isn't a true sign software, just keep that in mind, but I haven't had a problem with using it as such.

Travis Stanley

I purchased a intous 4 medium about 6mos ago at a Comp USA for $180 pretty good deal on em. but I havn't had much luck with it. It's kinda like writing your name on one of those ups tablets. Guess it just takes some practice. You can place a drawing on it and trace though and It's vector and ready to cut.

Todd-sta

I've been using the Intuos 3 tablets (2 of them) for about 3 years now.... best move I ever made. It will work just like a mouse, you shouldn't have any concerns at all with your sign program.

It's so much more natural than a mouse... give yourself a few days and you'll chuck your mouse into the trash. Your wrist will thank you for the change too!