• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ionizer bars, guns.

chafro

Hi I been having some issue with static on lexan film. Anyone used any ionizer fan/gun or static bar?

Any good results?

fozzie

We've had good success using a meech ion 954 gun on hard to print substrates. But we don't have to use much - we keep our relative humidity at 60% and that has eliminated 99% of static problems. But the ion gun does help when needed.

I know this post is old, but...

Any other favorites on ionizers?

We are looking into a gun/blower for difficult materials and I see talk of them on past posts, but not a brand or model discussion with pros/cons.

Right now I'm only in the research phase so I have tons of models/styles to look at, but reviews are not always easy to come by so seeing what people use and like would be super helpful.

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
About a decade ago, our DryTac rep pointed us towards Fraser Antistatic - I think they used them in laminate/adhesive production.

How do you like it and does it do the job?

I have looked at ones like that on Amazon too, but with so few reviews it's hard to pull an average sentiment.

I do LOVE the idea of saving $ if I can and the non-amazon ones are pricey to say the least, so your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
^what he said (post sent simultaneously...)

Does it bring you joy when you fire it up in the morning?

johnnysigns

^what he said (post sent simultaneously...)

Does it bring you joy when you fire it up in the morning?
It works awesome honestly. We do a lot of acrylic fabrication and it's indispensable to dust component parts or finished parts during assembly.

boxerbay

we use a 120" HAUG bar mounted under our 126" hybrid flatbed gantry. cleans up the static real good as the acrylic panels go through. www haug-static com

Troy Lesher

Merchant Member
Kenyence makes very good static neutralizers,, we build our printers with them. We tried so many "static bars" during out R&D phase and most don't do squat regardless of how much they cost. .. IN addition the HUmidity should be above 45% and that will eliminate quite a bit of your static issue as well.

We have been working on the humidity levels, and now that it's spring again we are back up in the 50's on average.

During the winter it was worse when we were lucky to get to 20%. Far more problems then.

White acrylic and certain types of non-glare lens material seem to be the worst offenders. Well that and clear vinyl. Even with the RH up these few materials are just bad with the static here.