• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

iPhone coming to Verizon, No seriously

signswi

I'm waiting for Verizon to get the 4G network going and get some Droids for it before I upgrade. The Droid X blows away the Iphone and besides I already have an ipod, only difference between the ipod touch and the iphone is the ability to make phone calls.
If Blackberry doesn't get their act together the Droids will put them right out of business also.
Until they get the 4G going I will jus keep using my BB Storm.

What you're waiting for is the Droid Bionic, announced at CES, should be available ~April. It's like a Verizon super-charged EVO. Dual-core, front facing cam, 2.3, etc.

I'm also a Droid X user, knew the LTE phones were coming but figured there will be additional data charges, plus it won't be in my area for a while. Probably upgrade in a year or so. Wife has the Droid 2 Global.

iPhone has a lot of really nice apps but the lack of widgets is killer (the notifications are terrible too), and if you really want the iOS-exclusive games or whatever you can get a wi-fi iPad and tether it with your Android phone instead of paying two data contracts.

CES020

I'm confused.... my iphone does this as well...

It does? Where's the "search" on your iphone contacts?

My doesn't have one, it's a scrolling system, which you can touch the right side to get to the section you want.

If you're talking about the global search that searches your entire phone, that's something different. I'm talking about the contact list.

signswi

i'm happy it's coming out...i have 4 macs in my shop as well as a laptop and i think the ability to sync EVERYTHING will be a plus...i'm using some Samsung smartphone now on Verizon and its a PITA to connect and share data....
Tim

Dropbox, Google Docs, a million other solutions...are you going to use mobile.me? You're essentially paying for a system you can replicate for free. :popcorn:

My doesn't have one, it's a scrolling system, which you can touch the right side to get to the section you want.
If you're talking about the global search that searches your entire phone, that's something different. I'm talking about the contact list.

Android contacts have the exact same scroll on the right and advance to specific letter functionality. Plus if you're having problems organizing your contacts you can just log into google.com/contacts and get everything merged and sorted and assigned into groups. Then if you're using Google Voice you can assign groups to go to different numbers, get different voicemail responses, ringtones, whatever...

buttons

Yes it does. Search is right at the top of the contact list. Little magnifying glass with a text entry bar.

CES020

Yes it does. Search is right at the top of the contact list. Little magnifying glass with a text entry bar.

Sorry, not on mine. If I go to contacts, there's nothing but the "+" sign there. No magnifying glass or search.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Sorry, not on mine. If I go to contacts, there's nothing but the "+" sign there. No magnifying glass or search.

what version of iphone are you using? Here is a screenshot I googled, looks like what I have too

Attachments

• iphonebeta5A240d.gif
    iphonebeta5A240d.gif
    63.2 KB · Views: 82

adkmaid

geez you all are making me jealous. i cant be trusted with anything but the verizon indestructo phone that is waterproof and shock proof. it goes fishing and swimming and falls off the truck going down the road and last but not least in the freakin toilet more than once. it is 4 years old and still good as new and gets better signal than any new phone i know. I just have to wait to get home to get on line. :(

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Am I smart enough to operate a any one of these new phones???? And what kind of monthly rates are associated with them?

You will have to pay for the normal phone service plus data plans. Some are tiered by how many MB in data you use each month

If you can use a computer you can use a smartphone

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Running IOS4.1.

Open your contact app. Hold down on the home button and the top on/off button at the same time to make a screen capture. Email it to yourself and post the screen capture here of what your contact app looks like.

I am using 4.2.1 but I recall it being there since v3

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    41.7 KB · Views: 83

CES020

My mistake, it does have it, but is works properly. If I type "Da", the first names on the list is "David", then later down the list, things with a D and an A in it, which is would I would expect.

On the droid I messed with, if you typed Da, then it wouldn't put David as the first thing, it would put anything with a D and an A up there, and "David" might be off the page on the search.

If I'm looking for David's number, I'm not sure how to be any more specific than starting to type "Da....". That's the problem that I saw. I insisted it was just him complaining about it and then he said "Here, then you figure it out", and handed it to me and I saw exactly what he was talking about.

No worries, it's all good. Love your droid, that's cool, love your iphone, that's cool too. It's just a tool. Some people like Roland, some like Mamaki :)

Mosh

If you are searching for Mike Wilson, and you start typing "Mi", then the first result could be "Mary Nicholes"

My does not do that, and it is only a month old.