• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is Briteline comparable to Arlon?

Bryce I

I'm Brie
We use Arlon SLX cast (54"x150') for most of our printed vehicle wraps, and Arlon Fusion for application to flat surfaces like box trucks. Someone called offering us Briteline WrapCAST Vinyl Film that's about $200 cheaper per roll. When comparing kits with laminate, We could save almost $400 if we switch. I've never used Briteline media. Is it as good as the Arlon stuff? Any thoughts or insights are appreciated. Thanks!

signheremd

We have used both. Briteline WrapCast vinyl is actually Arlon and is comparable to SLX. That said, I think there is a slight reduction in quality - few more pits in the vinyl and somehow feels a touch thinner (though that maybe my imagination)... As far as using it, it work well and we have wrapped vehicles with it. We use the Briteline optically clear WrapCast Overlaminate and it is excellent for the money. It is essentially a 3M laminate (8518 - or whichever 8500 series is the optically clear).

We use Arlon for all major wraps and offer Briteline when the customer wants to keep a lower budget.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
One of the sales reps at grimco told me arlon is britline and that's why they don't carry arlon..but I'm not sure I believe that...and I'm not willing to try it. That SLX with low initial tack is our favorite and we don't want to deviate.

JBurton

Signtologist
From briteline's website:
1680214003061.png

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
We have used both. Briteline WrapCast vinyl is actually Arlon and is comparable to SLX. That said, I think there is a slight reduction in quality - few more pits in the vinyl and somehow feels a touch thinner (though that maybe my imagination)... As far as using it, it work well and we have wrapped vehicles with it. We use the Briteline optically clear WrapCast Overlaminate and it is excellent for the money. It is essentially a 3M laminate (8518 - or whichever 8500 series is the optically clear).

We use Arlon for all major wraps and offer Briteline when the customer wants to keep a lower budget.
thanks for this info.

JethroMc

We use Briteline all the time and love it.
We use Wrapcast for commercial vehicle wraps and Duration X (2303) for flat surfaces. We also carry their el cheap vinyl (2203) for economy decals and short term signage.
We're happy with all of them their place. Briteline Wrapcast has proved to be reliable product. I've heard a lot of people questioning the quality, but I don't think their doubts are justified. Probably just prejudice because its not 3M...

RandyDe

One of the sales reps at grimco told me arlon is britline and that's why they don't carry arlon..but I'm not sure I believe that...and I'm not willing to try it. That SLX with low initial tack is our favorite and we don't want to deviate.
I wouldn't trust a Grimco Sales Rep so far as I could throw them. Most I connect with are not that knowledgeable. You may get better information from a Grimco technical support staffer though.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I'm pretty sure the Briteline is actually Ritrama/MacTac-made. The Ritrama product had some issues out of the gate that they resolved, but it's still a risk regarding longevity and performance. GF also has a new cast that performs well, and could save you a few hundred dollars.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Face it, these distributors will carry and/or push the product[s] they make the most profit on. Has nothing to do with their wanting to be good to you, cause they palin don't know. Saving $200 or $300 is no big deal in the overall picture if you are charging properly.

Scotchbrite

No comment
I was told at one point that Ritrama makes a lot of products for other brands. After that I figured they probably make most of the "house brand" materials.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I've also been told by a very long time senior rep that Briteline (at least their main wrap vinyl) is indeed made by Arlon for them.

We have used a bit of Arlon in the past. My main worry is when the client comes back to us in a couple more years to remove the wraps. Am I going to have to charge them $900 to remove it instead of $400 (like I know would be the case with 3M) because it leaves most of the adhesive and constantly breaks into little pieces or something? If that is the case then I will have essentially screwed the customer over with the allure of a cheaper price up front (or not and the shop just keeps the additional profit for themselves). Sure I saved you $300 up front (or made more profit) but on the back end later on I have to charge you $500 extra to remove it because I used low end material. That is not good business if you like repeat business or a good reputation.

Shred_signs

Lost Member

I wouldn't trust a Grimco Sales Rep so far as I could throw them. Most I connect with are not that knowledgeable. You may get better information from a Grimco technical support staffer though.

EDIT: Just kidding re-read this for the fourth time, The don't sell ARLON not BRITELINE.

It's hot and I have been in the routing room for the last 8 hours.