• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is it at all possible.................................................................................

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
We've got a new Summa, but I have our old Camm-1 sitting in front of our desk. It sings too! A number of years ago, we got a Roland GR it's a piece of Sh!t . The Summa replaced that one. I think it's already been discontinued.
thank you for that critique. Glad we didn't buy that one.

ikarasu

54 inch graphtec. :)

fwiw, my current plotter is a 2006 roland camm-1 pro. I bought it used when I first got into the business. I am grateful that I am able to purchase new equipment.
If its in the budget and not too late... buy the bigger graphtec! I remember the years of being frusterated trying to get it to read the cut marks because they print so close to the edge (Even with expanded area on) with 54" media... I know I can change where they print now, but I didnt back then! but having a >54" graphtec is nice... I just read the arms at the max length, then place the 54" media wherever I want on the plotter... no worry the marks are outside of the area zone, no worry the pinch wheel is in the mid of a perf cut section... it was definitely worth the price!

Stacey K

I like making signs
Talk about weirdos...Imagine my surprise as I listened to a podcast yesterday about a missing child only to get 1/3 of the way through it and hear a relative's name as the #1 suspect. Seems mother left out a few things from the story back in 1991...enough to make a podcast out of it LOL

Great on the plotter Geneva, I love my old Graphtec, she cut perfect every single time. I really wish I would have bought another one instead of the Summa that came with my printer.

Wintermint is a bit too minty for me, I prefer regular mint.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Tony Orlando used to knock 3 times on the ceiling if you wanted him...................... I don't remember which floor he was on, but I never heard anyone knocking.

Scotchbrite

No comment
Sometimes I think I'm the only person that doesn't like the Graphtec plotters. We have 2 Mimiaki plotters that have worked really well. One of them is 15 years old. I think the honest reason I didn't like the Graphtec is because I'm too set in my ways with how the Mimaki works and I'm getting too old to learn new tricks.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sounds about right for an old fug..................

I was just having that conversation with my wife this morning about HER son. He is so set in his ways, he's making enemies of everyone and anyone in his path. If they don't agree with him, fuggem. He's becoming a very lonely old man...... and he's only gonna be 59. Cripes, he's older than us.