• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

is it bad....????

Sign_Boy

Went to the eye Dr the other day.... Is it a bad thing that I was more focused on trying to figure out the font on the eye chart than reading a line to the Dr.?

chopper

yea it is bad but the font is called eye chart,
I actually have it in my font list...
//chopper

Sign_Boy

I looked online and found that it's called Snellen Optotype and only consists of 10 letters - C,D,E,F,L,N,O,P,T,Z - or Sloan letters, designed by Louise Sloan in 1959.

Mike it's kind of funny when the Dr asked what was better 1 or 2 I noticed that 2 compressed the letters a little.

SignosaurusRex

No, Its not a bad thing.......YET. :rolleyes: Tell me son, are you having dreams about signs and fonts? How often would you say they occur? Are they ever BAD dreams? Do you ever wake up in a cold sweat or screaming? Do you ever dream that you are down deep inside of an old fashioned well that has been somewhat drained of its water and you are trying to hand paint a sign on the bricks that makeup the inside wall of the well, all the while, the well is refilling with water running over the bricks that you are trying to paint onto? :covereyes::ROFLMAO:

Sign_Boy

hehe, feel like ya just slipped me a cheat-sheet for my next test.

No problem:thumb:

No, Its not a bad thing.......yet. Tell me son, are you having dreams about signs and fonts? How often would you say they occur? Are they ever BAD dreams? Do you ever wake up in a cold sweat or screaming? Do you ever dream that you are down deep inside of an old fashioned well that has been somewhat drained of its water and you are trying to hand paint a sign on the bricks that makeup the inside wall of the well, all the while, the well is refilling with water running over the bricks that you are trying to paint onto?

I will tonight, Thanks Rex.
Why do I get the feeling that's a dream you had????

Attack of Comic Sans and Papyrus oh nooooooooooo!!!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Thats not bad - bad is when you can't even see the wall the chart is hanging on.

wayne k
guam usa

CentralSigns

I'm blind one eye, so I can't even read the first letter with the bad eye. The good eye is getting old. Can read a mag or book cause my arms are still long enough. In about 10 more years I'll have to build some kind of contraption to hold the book farther away than my arms are long.

chopper

I looked online and found that it's called Snellen Optotype and only consists of 10 letters - C,D,E,F,L,N,O,P,T,Z - or Sloan letters, designed by Louise Sloan in 1959.

Mike it's kind of funny when the Dr asked what was better 1 or 2 I noticed that 2 compressed the letters a little.
this is interesting, I have a font called eye chart and it is the same as the one I have seen in my doctors office, may be there is more than one font used or it is the same but with a different name?
//chopper

Si Allen

When you go for an eye test just say that you can read all the lines. Chances are he will say "OK Read the bottom line!" Just squint a bit and say "Made by American Optical!"

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I then read off the last line. My problem is that my arms are too short! If I forget my glasses ... in the bathroom, I have to put the magazine on the floor to read it!

:thumb:

round man

Just be glad you can see the chart,,,the last time I went the doc says cover one eye and read the chart,...my response? what chart?