• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is it just me?

threeputt

No, although it seems that way. The truth is we tend to notice things more when consequences are higher.

We have what is called a awareness bias. Evolutionarilly speaking, there's a lot more importance in noticing when a tiger maybe lurking nearby and being correct about it, than not noticing.

TheSnowman

Same thing here. When it's just crap, the guy comes an hour or two early, when it's stuff I need, always at least an hour later than usual time.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nope, it's not just you. It most of the people down South. The delivery guys just move slower, causing everything to come to a standstill for most businesses. Ever notice how everyone is walking around outside looking up in the air ?? They're looking for the Bluebird of Happiness to land on their shoulder and tell them..... there's always tomorrow.

:bushmill: aw, is it soon time ??

Pat Whatley

That's why you should give your delivery guys Christmas gifts every year. Nothing has been more of a benefit to me lately than the bottle of Crown Royal I regifted to my UPS guy in December. Now I've got his cell number and if I've got to have something early I can call him and figure out where on his route to meet him.

Same thing with two of my suppliers that send their own trucks into town (drivers got Outback Steakhouse gift cards). If I'm in a hurry for something I can call them and they'll come by here first when they get to town or at least call me when they get off the interstate (about a mile from the shop)

(and again, my customers all suck. None of them sent me a Christmas card...and certainly none of them sent cards with any loving in them.)

mark in tx

Always be nice to the driver, and if that doesn't work, then let the sales rep know you would order more stuff from them if only they could deliver during friggin business hours.

I am not waiting for a delivery truck until 6:45pm on a Friday anymore.

stickermonkey

don't you LOVE when the material shows up 24" when it's supposed to be 48"...and it's late...and it's the wrong colour. Happened to me last week! argh!